2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Must Learn To Read!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

When I'm listening to the radio, the headunit randomly skips to " CD " mode, then displays " Disc Load " on the information panel, the head unit is standard.

Is this a common issue or something I need to go back to the dealer about ? I can't control when this happens, it's just random.

Thanks in advance :)

Ally

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
wait until it starts cutting in and out constantly mate, i never found the reason but the case with me was whenever i had the heaters on full for a prolonged amount of time the headunit would trip out and decide what it wanted to do on its own, i guess it gets too hot, i ended up changing the stereo out for aDVD player and had no issues since except my poor wiring skills lol

·
Must Learn To Read!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thank for the advice :)

I've booked it in anyway for a week on Saturday for Honda to have a look at it, hopefully it'll be sorted then, if not, I'll perhaps look at changing HU :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
It will make you dash look less cluttered changing it anyway, costly though the fascia alone from Honda is a few hundred quid or look at the connects2 fascia i got mine for £60 and a headunit for £155 :) steering wheel control wiring is not as simple as the instructions say though...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Not sure why the steering wheel controls would not be as simple, I fitted the connects 2 harness and it was all plug and play, couldn't be easier.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
i'm doing something wrong and i'm terrible with all things electrical lol will be sorted tomorrow :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts