2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry peeps, need to have a moan

I parked in Hull yesterday, in an end space, with nothing to the left of me, and literally acres of space to my right...

I come back - Dent in my driver door...

Some people just dont care or are mentally retarded.

So cheers to the bitch in the 60 Plate Mini Cooper in Grey, im assuming it was you, as I also have grey paint in there that wont shift (Y)

Twits.

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
Ahhh so bldy annoying. I feel your pain friend, some times no matter where you park and how you inconvenient yourself to squeeze the extra inch for the car next to you the other driver doesn't give a crap....manhunt time...lol joking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh so bldy annoying. I feel your pain friend, some times no matter where you park and how you inconvenient yourself to squeeze the extra inch for the car next to you the other driver doesn't give a crap....manhunt time...lol joking.
Exactly. Bugs me that in Harrogate, if you go to the train station car park and see how bloody tight the spaces are, yet all the cars on there are dent/scratch free (I've checked xD) its really annoying!

Park your car with care and consideration - Gets wrecked
Park your car in any old space - PRISTINE

·
Likes this
407 Posts
Bad luck :( One of my mates parked as you did in Hull to find someone had come round the corner, straight into his car. Written off

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
cooks chix&b.bean sauce
1,399 Posts
I share you anger and frustration!!!!!!

I try and park near nice/new cars, considering it was a 60 plate mini you'd think it'd be alright, but no............

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Nightmare mate! I hate that! Came back to a massive scrape on my bac bumper (just at the corner drivers side) where some washoot clearly didn't know the size of they're car when parking, then decided just to drive off and leave me to foot the bill!!!!! Not a happy chappy

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I always try to remember to take a picture of the gap between my car and the next, along with their registration plates... just in case.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,683 Posts
What a mare, I had some bottom hole door clang mine. Despite parking at the other end of a supermarket car park!! Dent Wizard sorted it out £75

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Im with you they are proper twits that dont care about anyone elses pride and joy.

I spent about 200quid getting one side of my car sorted from some idiot banging the rear wing only for another idiot to hit the other side.

Aaaaahhhhh i hate these people!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yes, it is indeed very upsetting, particularly if the offender has gone so you can't give him a good hiding.
As I have posted many a time - If I parked in an empty field, someone would park right next to me.
You will often find that by leaving a fair distance between your own car and an adjacent one, will invite more dents, than if there were a smaller space between. Due to Dipsticks who throw the door open when getting out,thus giving the said door the momentum to do more damage.
That's why, in station car parks etc, where cars are parked with a gap between them of only about 400mm, you will see the same cars every day, without dings.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
where abouts in hull was you? also i would have been tempted to wait til the owner of other car to come back

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Best thing to do is park it next to another expensive car.
NOT, TRUE. I LOOK FOR THE CAR THAT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TAKEN CARE OF.
SOME OFF THESE GUYS WITH FANCY CARS DONT GIVE A **** COS THEY CAN AFFORD ANOTHER TOMORROW AND IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY RESPECT THEIR PROPERTY OR ANY ONE ELSES.
BUT SOME 17 YEAR OLD IN HIS FIRST SAXO PRIDE AND JOY LOVES HIS CAR JUST AS MUCH AS YOU !!
:worms:

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I agree with that.
A Rep' who has moved up in his Company a few knotches and has been given a very expensive car, will often treat it like an old banger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, it is indeed very upsetting, particularly if the offender has gone so you can't give him a good hiding.
As I have posted many a time - If I parked in an empty field, someone would park right next to me.
You will often find that by leaving a fair distance between your own car and an adjacent one, will invite more dents, than if there were a smaller space between. Due to Dipsticks who throw the door open when getting out,thus giving the said door the momentum to do more damage.
That's why, in station car parks etc, where cars are parked with a gap between them of only about 400mm, you will see the same cars every day, without dings.
Never thought about it that way, just cant believe people just fling them open, proper doucheballs.

It was on Albion Street in Hull, pretty busy but like I say, it was an end space with sooo much room to the right of me it was unreal.

BTW.

To top my parking nightmare off,

I went to the local supermarket, car park was dead, I park in the end-but-one space (as the space at the end is next to one of those rail things, that SURELY NO-ONE EVER PARKS IN, and my car was near enough on the line nearest this space...

I get back 10 mins later...

Golf parked there...in the space that no-one should ever park in, literally cm's away from my car.

I had to get in via the passenger door, I couldnt open my driver door

There was literally, 30 spaces in a row the other side of my car...

FML

I drive home, some fool parked over my drive, and another fool parked outside my house...another FML moment! Glad to be home :p

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
In all my years of owning cars, there has only been one model which had never been dinged from the day I bought it new, to the day I sold it.
It was my Volvo 480 Turbo.
The side rubbing strips must have been 63mm deep and 32mm thick and an adjacent car door couldn't get anywhere near the body panels.
Had a few chips on the strips, as they were factory painted, but I could handle that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts