2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The engine wouldn't have lasted an hour with out oil let alone almost a year. These can go through oil especially if driven in high rpm.

What a shame looks like a lovely car, same as mine but mines a bit less mileage but on an 07 plate, so no xenon's or LSD. I sure you would still get a couple of grand for it even with it needing an engine.
I guess it's probably been at max a few weeks without oil, switched shifts at work to 5am start so my own fault.

Really? That's enough to get me looking elsewhere, if someone wanted it as is for a few ££
Got it booked In next Tuesday with a garage to get a "trained" opinion

·
4,773 Posts
Got it booked In next Tuesday with a garage to get a "trained" opinion
That would be a brilliant idea, as no amount of discussion and supposition here will get it priced/fixed.
I feel for you though mate, as it doesn't seem that there will be a good outcome. But fingers crossed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Best I could do but the rattles clear enough, engine flush did nothing as predicted.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I just came across this thread op what was the outcome?
@Diddles1987 did you find you rattle yet ?

Mine does it too sounds like tappets as it gets quicker the more you rev it more noticeable from idle to around 3000rpm
Yes I've had the under body, gaskets heatshields checked & valve clearance done twice

Maybe a characteristic of the car

Not bottom end rattle like op though

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nope, still there only at about 2,500 rpm to 4,000, when the revs drop below 2,5k rpm it disappears, I need to get the undertray off and have someone revs it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I sold the car as it was to a "trader" and bought a evo x.
Never got to a garage myself as the guy wanted it as it was. 😎

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine sounds like it's coming from top end maybe needs a head refresh but on Dyno and drive it's good I could get a loud exhaust to drown it out lol

@Rjr88 nice one did you get good money 💸 for it? How are you finding the evo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Best of luck fixing your cars guys, hope it's nothing serious.

Not for how clean the car was no, but it was money towards the evo so it helped.

Not bad, needs stuff doing to make me 100% happy but it's all stupid stuff like missing clips etc.

Picture of evo attached

21 - 33 of 33 Posts