2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My 2019 Civic has an annoying rattle/buzz from the passenger front side - it sounds a bit like its near the glovebox/door but its hard to pinpoint on the move. Its going into the dealer for a service next month but even though they're a good dealer I've never had any luck getting rattles fixed by any dealer, and usually find it myself!

So, has anyone got any ideas of where the rattle might come from? I've had the glovebox and door pockets emptied out so its nothing like that. It could be coming from behind the dash which would be a right pain but I'm wondering if there any typical points to check first?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Open the glove box to determine if the rattle goes away. I had one from the latch on it so I placed two small bits or square foam along the edge of the glove box so when closed it can't vibrate plastic on plastic. I'll post a photo later.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,488 Posts
Also, empty the centre console for testing. I had a rattle that I could have sworn was around the passenger airvent/tweeter area but turned out to be something hitting the hard plastic centre console interior.

Padded the interior and no more problems.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have exactly the same issue with an annoying buzz/rattling noise from the front passenger side and can't pinpoint it, what I did was wedge some pieces of fold up thin card into any joins/gaps i can see along the dashboard to windscreen area and the vent/door panel, it seemed to work for a while but has come back a bit now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried today with the glovebox empty and open and it still did it a little bit. It oddly seems worse when cold and today has been quite mild so not the best day for testing!

My centre console only has my phone cable in it, and thats clipped into place so probably not that but it won't hurt to move it for a trial!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Maybe try squeezeing this point when driving, listen if it affects the rattle. I found a buzz/rattle from plastic on plastic contact when cold. Again I used foam pads in the area where the two parts meet.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts