2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok driving CW today, Good road not too bumpy.

No passenger, the back of the passenger seat started to bounce slightly back "n" forth with a slight rattling sound. Got back home started to look closely at the seat nothing obvious to see, nothing was lose.
When passenger in car NO problems ??

Anybody else noticed this problem ??

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that WHLO thought there would be a thread somewhere about it.
Suppose the only way to get rid of the rattle is to take the wife out in the car with me.
The seat won't rattle then.;););)

·
Administrator
21,157 Posts
Just to be absolutely certain fasten the passenger seat belt as the bit by the door can sometimes tap the pillar.

Gives the impression it's the seat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have this sometimes, it usually ends up being the belt buckle!

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guy's.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had this rattle cured by dealer

Mine did this just after the windscreen cowl thing started !
The passenger seat made a slow tapping sound and they found that a cable or wire was loose inside the seat back somewhere. That seat does vibrate if it isn't occupied though.

Have since had rear seat back rattles (small rubber buffers cured it) and various dash squeaks.
Currently have a dash noise from below the radio which is most evident when car is cold !

Take one helpful dealer, apply light pressure and all will be well... hopefully.
:p

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got this rattle too but not in a type-r its a type-s, dealer said they checked it and it's a common problem and couldn't do anything with it. It doesn't happen if anyones sat in the seat, if I pull it slightly forward on the sliders or if I tip it as though someone is getting in the back (bit silly to drive around like that though).

I noticed it's coming from the trim that holds the folding/tipping forward mechanism. If I get hold of it and try to wobble it I can feel it moving about but the drivers side doesnt do that. Not sure if I should go back to the dealer to point this out or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found that a rattle from the passenger seat to be the bar you pull to slide the seat forward/backward. In certain positions it doesn't rattle at all when going over bumps in the road, but in this one (midway) position it goes bonkers at the slightest undulation. Fixed it by wedging in some compressible foam on the one side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts