2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm no hater, I'm a lover
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify the rattle heard in this video? (0:02, 0:11, 0:21 clearest)

It's coming from the rear driver side when I go over bumps. Checked the heat shields and all okay. It almost sounds as if the exhaust bounces and clunks when it lands? A lot harder and more solid sounding than heat shields. Had a look at everything I could see under the car but it all seems pretty solid.

Also when I accelerate in any gear in between 1500-2000 revs I hear a rough tight grating rattle from the engine area. (Noticeable in the video 0:06, 0:21)

Especially noticeable going up hill. Almost like two sheets of metal rubbing against instead the other. Checked the c covers in the F fn hind and all okay...

https://vimeo.com/142304712

Getting really frustrated by them, had it into two garages for this amongst others things but both have said they can't find the source. I think they mean they haven't bothered to check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had a knock that disappeared when I drove with the rear seat dropped down, the cure was wrapping insulation tape around the u shaped locking bar to tighten things up, no noise now don't know whether that might be your problem.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. Will give it a try, it is louder with the window down though and coming from the rear when I listen out the window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:/ tried the locking bar but no joy...

Any other suggestions before I lose the plot? :D

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I had a clunk like that and it was the rear exhaust heat shield Honda removed mines during a service said it wasn't dangerous not much heat at the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts