2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 2011 civic 1.8 petrol. When i am in gear 3-4 @ about 2000rpm the car will make a rattle vibration sound. Sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side. Sometimes sounds like the dash or something in the glove box is rattling but no luck!:confused::confused: Only does it when i put my foot too the floor? It doesnt do it when i am smooth with pedal. Only when foot is down too the floor! Any suggestions please!

·
Registered
33 Posts
1. Over what speed does this symptom occur?

2. Is this issue experienced in any other gear(s)?

3. "the car will make a rattle vibration sound.......sounds like the dash or something in the glove box is rattling " - so it makes the sound like "shaking" plastic?

Bear in mind that the glove box front opening LID does rattle to some extent when car is moving / engine is on (slight vibrations).

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts

3. "the car will make a rattle vibration sound.......sounds like the dash or something in the glove box is rattling " - so it makes the sound like "shaking" plastic?

Bear in mind that the glove box front opening LID does rattle to some extent when car is moving / engine is on (slight vibrations).
Don't put your foot to the floor then :p :worms:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

As the problems getting older it sounds quite metalic. I have tryed it in all gears and fors it in them all and stops just after 2500rpm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't put your foot to the floor then :p :worms:
I know but cant help it at times. It sound quite metalic, happens in all gears. Cant really hear it in hear 1 and does not do it when sitting in neutral and reving it. Its just one of those things that gets on your wick haha!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah and there's likely to be a few underneath.

Good luck.

Looked into it checked everything, happened to be a loose air intake hose what bolts onto battery base and the air filter, changed it too a k and n pannel and no sound at all now. Cheers anyways mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts