2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side door has developed a rattle/vibration upon shutting. Like a clip is loose inside the door card - but I haven't done any work on the doors at all. I haven't touched a thing! Anyone experienced similar? Prodding around listening and feeling for any protruding parts left me astonished at how flimsy it all feels... :(

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Probably the door handle trim that has broken and rattles if you slam the door shut.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
My driver's side door has developed a rattle/vibration upon shutting. Like a clip is loose inside the door card - but I haven't done any work on the doors at all. I haven't touched a thing! Anyone experienced similar? Prodding around listening and feeling for any protruding parts left me astonished at how flimsy it all feels... :(
I have noticed this with mine, tested it for about 20 mins trying to locate it, on mine it souds like a stone on top of the exhasut heat shield, and thats the area where the rattle comes from, can you hear it inside the car or just outside, also is it like a metalic noise?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably the door handle trim that has broken and rattles if you slam the door shut.
^^ This.

On further investigation you appear correct. It seems the exterior handle plastic clip has snapped by the keyhole :( Not thoroughly looked at it yet but I hope i can get it off cleanly and replace easy enough...

·
Registered
29 Posts
This sounds a bit stupid,but check the rubber seals that are attatched to the bottom of the door.Not long after i brought my car it too started to rattle when shutting the door.it turned out to be that seal tapping against the body work when i closed the door.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the same so I put the Trim apart and guess what I've seen. :worms:

The wires from the buttons and the cable from the doorhandle inside were loose. There were some clips on them but they weren't put in their holes by the lazy workers in Swindon. :police:

Additinaly the whole box where the buttons are in was squeaking. So I've dissasembled this box, too and put some foam in there.
Now the door is perfektly silent. :cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
^^ This.

On further investigation you appear correct. It seems the exterior handle plastic clip has snapped by the keyhole :( Not thoroughly looked at it yet but I hope i can get it off cleanly and replace easy enough...

i used epoxy steel putty to "glue" mine back on at the front as the dam things seem to break all the time !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts