2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ about 2000RPM in gear 3/4 or what ever. If i put the accelerator pedal too the floor at 2000rpm in them gears the car will make a rattle/vibration sound. It doesnt last long only a few seconds. Its sounds like its coming from passenger side. Sound like its on glove box or dash board but i have cleared the glove box and all and still happens. HELP!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Sounds mechanical if it's only happening at certain rpm/gears. Have you ruled out exhaust issues such as heatshield rattle?

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
You could also check the glove box door. Mine makes a muffled rattle because the door rubber does not quite close fully. Try tapping it closed along the top edge and see if it is loose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds mechanical if it's only happening at certain rpm/gears. Have you ruled out exhaust issues such as heatshield rattle?
Havent ruled out anything yet. Only just started rattling and it happens in all the gears at 2000rpm and stops at about 2500rpm or just after. It sound quite metal

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Havent ruled out anything yet. Only just started rattling and it happens in all the gears at 2000rpm and stops at about 2500rpm or just after. It sound quite metal

I had a metallic rattle at the exact same rpm range and it turned out to be a collapsed baffle in the middle silencer. Got louder and louder over time until I had it fixed. Why not give the exhaust a shake along the driver's side and see if anything's come loose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a metallic rattle at the exact same rpm range and it turned out to be a collapsed baffle in the middle silencer. Got louder and louder over time until I had it fixed. Why not give the exhaust a shake along the driver's side and see if anything's come loose.
Just been out and give it a shake. All seems to be good no knocks or anything broke. Doesn't sound like anything loose in the boxes. I took the car for a spin just then and seems to be round the air box area. Its so frustrating lol!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just been out and give it a shake. All seems to be good no knocks or anything broke. Doesn't sound like anything loose in the boxes. I took the car for a spin just then and seems to be round the air box area. Its so frustrating lol!
++++only does it when i drive. Cant hear it sitting still or reving it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you got a non OEM air filter in? On my diesel if I fit a cheap filter it doesn't seal properly and vibrates at certain RPM. Obviously now I know I only use OEM

·
Registered
27 Posts
CV joints on both sides, left and right. I have experienced in friend's civic, under HARD acceleration from 45 to 55 mph (I think), the front of the car shakes (not vibration, but shakes) as if both front wheels had not been balanced properly.

Once past 55mph (ish) car settles down with no shaking.

This was traced to worn CV joints on one side.

NB: As the glove box LID is not screwed onto the dash (to allow opening etc..) whereas all other parts are, any vibration would be more evidently felt and heard from this LID area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you got a non OEM air filter in? On my diesel if I fit a cheap filter it doesn't seal properly and vibrates at certain RPM. Obviously now I know I only use OEM
I did have a 57i k and n induction kit on the car but took it off, as all i was doing was flooring it haha. I have put the genine honda air filter in now, but i have a k and n panel filter aswell, i could try the k and n and see if there is a diffrence. Cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CV joints on both sides, left and right. I have experienced in friend's civic, under HARD acceleration from 45 to 55 mph (I think), the front of the car shakes (not vibration, but shakes) as if both front wheels had not been balanced properly.

Once past 55mph (ish) car settles down with no shaking.

This was traced to worn CV joints on one side.

NB: As the glove box LID is not screwed onto the dash (to allow opening etc..) whereas all other parts are, any vibration would be more evidently felt and heard from this LID area.
No shaking or anything pal. Cant feel anything either just a noise. Thanks anyways :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Mate you were right, but it was actually a honda air filter made by toyo roki on behalf of honda? I changed the air filter to a K&N panel filter, and there was a loose aintake hose what bolts onto the metal base of the battery area, i tightend them. Sound has completly gone! Cheers pal

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mate you were right, but it was actually a honda air filter made by toyo roki on behalf of honda? I changed the air filter to a K&N panel filter, and there was a loose aintake hose what bolts onto the metal base of the battery area, i tightend them. Sound has completly gone! Cheers pal
Excellent - I'm glad it was a simple fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts