2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 civic type s gt, got a really annoying rattle, plastic like tapping that seems to be coming from above the glove box or near passenger side airbag area, done all checks today, cowel checked, had a dash out including glove box, nothing loose - put back together and same rattle in same place - if it helps it starts after about 5 minutes from car srarting, tried fan on, off etc - please help me

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I've had something similar - sounded like the ball bearing in a can of spray-paint - happens once I get up over 20MPH somewhere from the front left of the car.

Took it into dealers who couldn't find anything, so have asked to borrow the car for a couple of days. Must say, there after sales has been very friendly so far.

I'll let you know if they find anything.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comment and your description fits what issue im having, look forward to your findings,

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Put me on that list with 'exactly' the same thing.

Mine stated last week, lasted 2 days, and has since gone again.

I thought it was the central air vents or something just inside there. I did have a waggle and a look inside via a torch but nothing obvious.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I have the same problem also

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hi, should have said in my original post, mines not due to go in until 25th Feb due to personal time constraints, so will update hopefully on the 26th!

Needless to say, the problem is not going to go away by itself :(

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I've had the same thing come on today... so annoying.... and I've got what sounds like a bowl of rice crispies popping coming from the steering column.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive had/still have this same metallic rattle behind the dash (drivers side)... after the first visit to dealer, they said it was a broken spot weld. It went in (January) and they said they would inject something into it the area ?!

Still have the rattle. Waste of time.

·
4th Honda
64 Posts
Same here although it stops when the car has warmed up. Could that indicate it's something in the air ducts or just a rattle that goes when all the fixtures and fittings warm up and expand making seals, joints etc a tighter fit?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As stated in my original post, mines perfect when cold, soon as it warms up, rattle rattle rattle, lets hope when it goes in on 22nd i can post some findings, in between would still appreciate any comments on this problem to give a pointer to the dealers, thanks so far for everyone whos contributed to my woes,

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
had car in for first service and rattle on monday, pre booked with 3 weeks notice, dealer said if we dont call you, collect it at 4 - no phone call so turned up at 4pm - dealer says done your service, (which was chargeable) bur didnt have time to look at rattle, have had to book back in, not a happy chappy at moment - hopefully i might be able to report on my original thread one day,

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Peace at last, just back from dealers, the problem was the engine undertray, the little plastic poppers that hold the back sections on had come off, hence when cold, the tray is rigid and no noise but when warmed up, it becomes pliable and rattles, this rattle somehow works its way up to appear as though its behind the dash board - anyway, for the first time in my ownership of this car - i hope i can start to enjoy it for what i bought it for,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I have the simialr rattle and have put up with it for 3 years. i usually use my built in dashboard adjsutment tool, also known as a good whack and it goes away for a while.

Worse on cold mornings, unable to find where it comes from...

·
Supporter
542 Posts
As stated in my original post, mines perfect when cold, soon as it warms up, rattle rattle rattle, lets hope when it goes in on 22nd i can post some findings, in between would still appreciate any comments on this problem to give a pointer to the dealers, thanks so far for everyone whos contributed to my woes,
exactly the same problem here with regards to making more noise when warming up/longer journey!

i'm booked in on the 30th, going for a long drive before i drop it off ;-) let me know how you get on!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts