2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rattles fixed

Squeaks 
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sharky7866 
#1 ·
Hi, after owning my ctr for 2 months I have managed to locate and fix the following rattles

1 - Tail gate, fix a small amount of tape around the lock latch to take up excess play in the lock. Then turn the boot stops out one turn it is sometimes necessary to adjust these yearly depending on how often you use the boot,

2 - Rear seats, again fix tape around the locking latch and around the seat base (lower guiderails) then plug in seatbelts

3 - Rev counter area, rubbing noise between display and dash, I used the double sided stick pads that you use to fix number plates to cars and cut them in half, then push the display forward and slide them into place. Use the pads as they are don’t use them sticky.

4 - Windscreen cowl, - plenty of advise on about this.

Hope this helps, great car so far. Would be better without these minor problems.

#3 ·
Thanks for this advise, i have got a honda civic 2.2 Ex and it was making all the rattles noise u pointed out points 1 & 2 worked a treat!!!!! dont have issues with point 3 yet! Next will be doing point 4. Thanks again, these rattles was driving me mad! ps i used draft excluders as the electrician tape was too thin and didnt work for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.