2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my 10g Civic SR 1.0 for a few weeks and its driving me crazy with rattles. Instrument cluster/steering column area creaking. Something in the centre of the dashboard rattling and this morning a loud rattle from the passenger side.

Disappointing isnt the word.

The US forums are a wash with rattle issues.

Its booked into a dealer tomorrow but im not holding my breath.

Anyone had rattles cured on the 10g?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
What kind of roads?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have 1050 miles on the clock and no rattles at all and I have to go down farm tracks a lot and they are not known for being the best rods in world .
Reassuring to know.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have 1050 miles on the clock and no rattles at all and I have to go down farm tracks a lot and they are not known for being the best rods in world .
Farm tracks, Lancashire roads in general.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I have borrowed 2 x 10G civic's now for the day (1 auto basicish, 1 manual EX both 1.0l) and to be fair was really impressed and had no hassle with rattles even though I did give them back and they was low milage.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Only had my 10g Civic SR 1.0 for a few weeks and its driving me crazy with rattles. Instrument cluster/steering column area creaking. Something in the centre of the dashboard rattling and this morning a loud rattle from the passenger side.

Rattles aside, what's the mpg like?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MPG is about 33 at the moment. Only done short journeys so far, 224 miles on the clock I think.

The rattles are slight on normal ish roads and loud when it's a little rough.

Glad to hear there are good cars out there. Looks like I have a bit of a lemon.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
MPG is about 33 at the moment. Only done short journeys so far, 224 miles on the clock I think.

The rattles are slight on normal ish roads and loud when it's a little rough.

Glad to hear there are good cars out there. Looks like I have a bit of a lemon.
thanks, hope the dealer can sort the rattles for you.
Any pics of the car in the gallery? what colour do you have?
I test drove one with 18" wheels on, around some pretty rough industrial estate pot holed roads (Wigan area) it was fine.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts

That's a real shame and you must be disappointed. When my 9G went in for a service in January they gave me a brand new 9G SR for the day and it was like a rattly old crate. I thought if I'd just bought this I would have been very disappointed. My 9G had a rattle coming from the rear hatch but it only ever happened when the weather was above 12c or so, so it was only an annoyance in the summer.

The 10G I test drove which was a 1.5 Prestige had a nasty rattle coming from the passenger side of the facia which would have driven me mad, and it is always my biggest anxiety with a new car that it might be a rattler. Touch wood my 10G is almost completely silent just the odd little zizz when going over certain road surfaces, but mostly there are no unwanted noises, long may that continue. I hope they can sort yours out without dismantling things.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've regularly dismantled/reassembled the various interior trims (door card, radio and dashboard fascia, underdash trim, entire rear hatch tailgate interior trim, boot side trim, external lower tailgate plastic skin, door rubbers, steering wheel trim, door sill trim etc) of my 2012 9G hatch for mods etc and considering it's done 105000 kms so far and a lot of it hard driving and on frequently bumpy roads, the interior is squeak, rattle, buzz, creak free. For me it is BY FAR the best built Honda out of the three I've owned from new (Thai, Japan, UK). In this car I have experienced ambient temperatures between the extremes of 0 - 47 deg celcius so the plastics and rubbers are often expanding or shrinking. A subwoofer was installed about 9 months now and that also vibrates the cabin a fair bit. Quite disappointed that the 10G seems to have dropped in build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts

Have you had the illumination pack fitted if so some times the dealer fitted options can cause all sorts of rattles just a thought .

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've regularly dismantled/reassembled the various interior trims (door card, radio and dashboard fascia, underdash trim, entire rear hatch tailgate interior trim, boot side trim, external lower tailgate plastic skin, door rubbers, steering wheel trim, door sill trim etc) of my 2012 9G hatch for mods etc and considering it's done 105000 kms so far and a lot of it hard driving and on frequently bumpy roads, the interior is squeak, rattle, buzz, creak free. For me it is BY FAR the best built Honda out of the three I've owned from new (Thai, Japan, UK). In this car I have experienced ambient temperatures between the extremes of 0 - 47 deg celcius so the plastics and rubbers are often expanding or shrinking. A subwoofer was installed about 9 months now and that also vibrates the cabin a fair bit. Quite disappointed that the 10G seems to have dropped in build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having test driven three different cars with no rattles and owned one since the 8th of March with no rattles I don't think it is a drop in build quality .

·
Registered
491 Posts
Having test driven three different cars with no rattles and owned one since the 8th of March with no rattles I don't think it is a drop in build quality .
The test car I've driven had none and so is mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too have test driven three cars with no rattles and owned an EX since 14th March that had one rattle which I quickly worked out that it was the front passenger seat belt hitting the B pillar.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No dealer fitted extra packs on it. Just got it back. Got as far as pulling out of the car park. Still there. Worse than before. Booked in again a week on Monday for 2 or 3 days. Few bits have been damaged on the trim so I made sure I showed the service manager. They are being replaced.

Gutted.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts