2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Anyone experienced rattles from the panoramic roof? Mine had rattles from the roof and A pillars after 1k. The A pillars were fixed under warranty, however the dealer said there was nothing they could do for the roof. Anyone experienced and got this fixed?
My brand new Sport Plus had pretty much constant noise coming from the sunroof, it wasn't a metallic sound like something to do with the mechanism, it was a plastic on plastic kind of chattering. So, what I did was open the sunroof fully, then from outside coated every edge of the actual glass roof and then all the seals round the opening with silicone lubricant. I applied it everywhere I could get to where the glass
roof would contact the seals round the opening. That cured it completely and now it doesn't make any sounds at all. :smile3:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just got my Sport back after 3 attempts by the dealer to sort annoying dash rattle/vibration, think they are finally there now? They said they had to completely remove it and reposition on its clips

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a light buzzing from the drivers window/B pillar trim, which disappears if I press the window glass briefly. Bizarre and annoying, as the rest of the car seems to be OK, even after 15000 miles in 4 months.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 2 rattles. 1 from glovebox area that is noticeable over any road except smooth motorway. And the second is from the drivers side grab handle. (Like a vibration) I will have a go at these myself. Only bothers me when i dont have audio playing, other wise i keep my volume up around 12+ and cant hear them.
Anyone else notice the grab handle rattle? At first i thought it was from door or piller, but when i put pressure on the grab handle it stopped.
On the glovbox rattle it stops when it is open, i tired a soft tape on the catch but it didn't help so may try a seal along the edges next.
Other than these two rattles the car is perfect :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Don't have the grab handle one. Have the glovebox one. It's not from the catch. It's from the dampener. It's a pain to assemble once disassembled, you have been warned. It's how the dampener is attached to the dash, plastic on plastic, both hard. The dampener catch on the glovebox side is also hard plastic, but for me that wasn't the source.

You'll notice that the second you open the glovebox, not even all the way, just enough to add tension to the dampener, the rattle will stop.

Now I have one that comes from the rear of the car that I can't figure out. No is not the rear shelf, had someone press down on different rear shelf areas while driving, no change.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Is the one from the rear hollow sounding?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm not sure if it's hollow sounding. Let's assume it is, any ideas on source/solution?

Mine occurs over rough tarmac, so there's tire roar in the mix along with the rattle, but not enough to mask it completely. It also sometimes occurs at low speed, when the road is particularly bad. Then it resonates in the rear cabin making it hard to pin point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Civic Sport Plus rattles from the sunroof area, sounds like its in the rear but when the sunroof opens it stops. The more annoying rattle is from the grab handle (drivers) this has been replaced but it still does it. When the headlining comes out to fix the sunroof rattle I hope it gets rectified then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After 9k miles in 18 months my Civic Prestige sometimes rattles when cold from interior trim drivers side A pillar & less so from passengers side A pillar. This issue is well known in USA & can be fixed by packing behind. The noise actually appears to be coming from centre of car but stops immediately every time the A pillar trim is touched. When car warms up a bit the rattle stops.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello. This noise can also come from the headliner touching the front screen. Known fault but easy to rectify. Take both A post garnish off and carefully pull headliner down and trim with scissors. DO NOT cut off too much, only slight trim needed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’ve got a rattle coming from what I believe is the roof liner - seems to occur at low speeds on rougher surfaces more noticably but does happen at speed on motorways too. I have some furniture foam which I plan to pack around the boid between the roof liner and the roof. According to civicx.com there has been success with this method and taking to the dealer to try and try and try to resolve is tiresome, assuming they admit there is a problem.

My drivers aide A-pillar vibrates like crazy at low speeds only.

Other than that silent running, rattle wise anyway...

·
Registered
206 Posts
After attempting to pack with furniture foam the issue remains. Have booked in to my local Honda in a couple of weeks.

Also to be highted is drivers A-pillar rattle and wind noise, condensation in rear light units and whistling aircon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When weather is cold I sometimes get a rattle from drivers side internal A pillar trim. Sound appear to come from centre of car but stops immediately A pillar trim is touched & this is a bit loose. Know problem which can be stopped by adding some packing behind. Rattle stops when car has warmed up.

Recently a continuous tick, tick, tick noise started to come from sunroof area when on the move. It stopped if sunroof was tilted. I seem to have cured it by applying Honda Shin-Etsu Silicon grease to every accessible bit of the all the sunroof rubber seals.

When sunroof is tilted at very back of os seal it has locally cracked. It appears that some shiny release material had not been removed & this stuck to the glass during last years hot summer weather so that when the sunroof was either opened or tilted the rubber became locally damaged. I have sent a photo to dealer so we will see what they make of it.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts