2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was nt this car built properly !!!! lol
Been trying to get rid of creaks and rattles so now my car is covered in black foam pads, inside and around the engine bay, seems i have got them all
apart from one which i am sure is comung from the door, so door card will be coming off again for further investigation !!!
Would be a nice driving place to be if it did nt creak when going over bumps !!

·
i-Vtec
2,534 Posts
Mine had a few rattles when I got it. Rear silencer heat shield was only held on by 1 of 4 nuts, rest had rusted through, so that was ripped off and thrown away. I found most rattles appear to be due to those missing plastic poppers that Honda like to use all over the place. Im rattle free now.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Mine had a few rattles when I got it. Rear silencer heat shield was only held on by 1 of 4 nuts, rest had rusted through, so that was ripped off and thrown away. I found most rattles appear to be due to those missing plastic poppers that Honda like to use all over the place. Im rattle free now.
Did you buy new poppers? Think a couple of mine have broke on the undertray and wouldn't mind getting some.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Cheers Das, just ordered a set of both. Will come in handy at some point.. I think to go to Honda for them would cost a fair few quid.

·
i-Vtec
2,534 Posts
Yea I don't think you could do any work on the plastics without having a supply of these handy, they do seem to break very easily, especially if they have never been off before.
£4.23 and £4.36 for 1 according to Lings page, lol.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Yea I don't think you could do any work on the plastics without having a supply of these handy, they do seem to break very easily, especially if they have never been off before.
£4.23 and £4.36 for 1 according to Lings page, lol.
So £3.25 off eBay for 20 that would cost £84.60 from Honda? Robbing Barstewards. I boak at the cost of the Air, Oil and Cabin filters from Honda but servicing is an area I like to keep to OEM parts.

·
i-Vtec
2,534 Posts
So £3.25 off eBay for 20 that would cost £84.60 from Honda? Robbing Barstewards. I boak at the cost of the Air, Oil and Cabin filters from Honda but servicing is an area I like to keep to OEM parts.
Just buy filters from the honda dealers on ebay, think I paid £9 for mine, which im happy to pay for OEM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts