2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Civic has more rattles than a baby's cot. There are now so many I have learned to ignore them. I have actually started putting people off buying a Civic due to the rattles and the poor paintwork. Worst thing Honda ever did was build one of their cars in the UK.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Where are your rattles? I had a few, and when I isolated them all were real simple fixes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everywhere, rear parcel shelf, ceiling around interior light, glove box, dashboard under steering wheel, knocking noise from rear suspension after car has been unused over night.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
By chance is yours under warranty, if yes, give them a talk. If not, still talk as there are some well known rattles that the dealer may sort as a courtesy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Everywhere, rear parcel shelf, ceiling around interior light, glove box, dashboard under steering wheel, knocking noise from rear suspension after car has been unused over night.
The bit around the interior light is an easy fix. It is the cables that come from that centre console out to the vanity mirrors in in the sun visors. Basically they come unstuck from to roof and rattle around in the space between the roof and roof lining. You can pop the centre console bit down and use some tape to re-secure the wires.

I too have managed to sort out most of my rattles and squeeks. Only thing left if popping off the tweeter covers and finding whatever rattles in them! Pain in the butt but the car is worth it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts