2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just had my compressor changed (£650) on my 60 plate as my old one failed for some reason and now on a hot day, about 20 outside when I really need the aircon to kick in at max, I get a rattling/grinding noise from the bottom of the engine bay on the driver side and I can also feel drag on the engine. Turn the A/C off and it all goes away.

This only happens during hot days ... when its about 10 outside it works fine. Relay is fine and system is gassed up. The compressor is new one so not expecting part failure on that. Any ideas?

Cheers :grin2:

·
4,485 Posts
As you have 'just had your compressor changed', and assuming that you didn't have the noise before you had it changed, I would be hot footing it back to whoever changed it for them to sort.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its going back in trust me. But it's the fact its only doing it when it's hot outside and I don't want them to say it's fine because its cold outside when they test it.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Grab a recording of the symptoms; Take that along with you should there be any quibble.

Occurring when warm might suggest that AC is being used by the climate control - I'd suggest that to evidence the issue you set the AC to "LO", and ensure that AC is set to on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts