2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 2010 1.8 Civic and it rattles from the front over bumps and when braking. Where should i start checking ? Thanks

·
i-Vtec
2,754 Posts
Go and buy yourself a pack of these.

Then jack the car up and get underneath and see how many of those are missing from the undertrays and the inner wheel well covers. Then check the exhaust heat shields too. Just had to add 4 large washers on heat shields that had rusted through their fixings just this week. Also worth checking the exhaust mounts arent broken too.
It could also be drop links, broken springs, worn arb's, or rotten heat shields behind the brake discs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go and buy yourself a pack of these.

Then jack the car up and get underneath and see how many of those are missing from the undertrays and the inner wheel well covers. Then check the exhaust heat shields too. Just had to add 4 large washers on heat shields that had rusted through their fixings just this week. Also worth checking the exhaust mounts arent broken too.
It could also be drop links, broken springs, worn arb's, or rotten heat shields behind the brake discs.
This is what my friend might need for his 2011 Civic that recently developed random rattling after the brake pad replacement along with the fog lights and muffler. We'll take a look this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive just watched a youtube video on worn top mounts on the front shocks. Im getting it looked at tomorrow morning so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this as its spoiling a good car, sounds terrible under braking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts