2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Just checked my Connect version (after finding out how on here thanks!) and it appears to be RC6.
I've been trying to get Mirrorlink to work with no joy but reading on here the RC9 update may solve the issues.
Thing is, I only bought it a week ago so it's freshly serviced.
By the time the next service is due it will be well into it's extended warranty period.

Does anyone know if these updates would be done (free) under the extended warranty or am I best booking it especially for the update before the original warranty ends (March 2019).
Out of interest has anyone had the update done at Derby Honda?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My car is also under warranty until March 2019, if I take it to Honda will they check/upgrade the software for free? Do they have a duty to do that while under warranty?

Update: my Honda dealership will supply software for free but charge labour to install, £45 I was quoted.

Is RC9 worth it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is RC9 available ??

I can see we've got RC8 which I've downloaded but not done anything with it yet as I have RC6 which seems fine for me.

I'd imagine RC9 would be the latest and last given the 9G is now long discontinued I thought I'd wait until RC9 available before updating mine.

If it's available for download anywhere please share the link

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes I also think it's a myth. Don't forget you mustn't do a factory reset after updating to RC8 or you will lose the app upload ability.

·
Registered
48 Posts
RC6 (or 7) to RC8 might be the update option just now then.

Not sure if it's worth it, my Bluetooth connection seems excellent and don't have Nav. Also use an Iphone so I think that means MirrorLink updates are worthless to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine didn't have nav either but with a bit of help and research on here and XDA Developers have now got a late version of Sygic on which doesn't need Google Play access all the time. Also I don't have to keep fiddling with the phone for navigation. So if you want to keep the ability to do the same thing later don't do the factory reset if and when you put RC8 on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Okay so car had service and MOT todat and Honda said they would update to latest Connect Software.

Got the car back and it still had my phone registered and synced etc. I thought any software update wiped all settings.

Called the dealership and they said it was definitely updated but it “auto syncs and remembers your phone”.

On the Android Settings page it says a build was last done 29 Nov 2017. Not sure if that helps with my query.

Anyone know how I can check if the software was actually updated?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts