2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
....don't tell me; you've locked your key in the car and a friend has your spare and his mobile phone...... :lol:

Great picture. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elfa7 said:
Thats some telecomms tower. Where is it ?.
Give you a clue: The Sat Nav says not on map.

Near some of the topics favourite road (Cat & Fiddle A537)

Can see Jodrell Bank from up here.

In Cheshire.

Use of PS- Only to remove some ugly fence on part of skyline.

Taken 5/sept 06 on its first trip out!!!

Have a guess- will give location later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
allan40alt said:
....don't tell me; you've locked your key in the car and a friend has your spare and his mobile phone...... :lol:

Great picture. :D
Almost. Nokia said I needed a good signal so thought this might help perhaps
Also, I was only passing along the main road when the Sat Nav ORDERED me to turn left and "take me to my leader" flashed onto the screen.
The doors locked, the winkers winked and the car parked as shown - or was that all a dream?

(Picture real though)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Can't fid the OS map. Is it cheeks Hill. Blind guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elfa7 said:
Can't fid the OS map. Is it cheeks Hill. Blind guess.
If I remember correctly Cheeks Hill is the highest place in Staffs.

This is defo in Cheshire.
Small Hint.
It is not on Landranger 119 Buxton & Matlock but is on one that butts up to it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
SUPERTEACH said:
elfa7 said:
Can't fid the OS map. Is it cheeks Hill. Blind guess.
If I remember correctly Cheeks Hill is the highest place in Staffs.

This is defo in Cheshire.
Small Hint.
It is not on Landranger 119 Buxton & Matlock but is on one that butts up to it
I thought the highest point in Staffordshire is on The Roaches. I went there on holiday and visited the trig point there. I may be wrong or that part of The Roaches may be called Cheeks Hill...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not Shining Tor (highest point in Cheshire as there is no track for vehicles up there - last time I was on there was a winter with lots of snow, I was on foot and a complete white out was VERY frightening. No idea where I was at all. Took a long time to follow a wall to get to safety etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bungle said:
SUPERTEACH said:
elfa7 said:
Can't fid the OS map. Is it cheeks Hill. Blind guess.
If I remember correctly Cheeks Hill is the highest place in Staffs.

This is defo in Cheshire.
Small Hint.
It is not on Landranger 119 Buxton & Matlock but is on one that butts up to it
I thought the highest point in Staffordshire is on The Roaches. I went there on holiday and visited the trig point there. I may be wrong or that part of The Roaches may be called Cheeks Hill...
Cheeks hill is North of the Roaches on Axe Edge Moor between the A54 and A53 near Buxton. 520m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you are interested I still have a supply of leather patches bought in 1973 from Greenwoods menswear- in new condition
Also a choice of "real" nylon sweaters in blue and green- just right for the modern man about town.
I will put my 501 slides of "Limestone Pavements" on the gallery topic soon if you do not get the setting correct.
Where was that car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
Near Croker Hill at Sutton Common?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top