2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , is it worth puting a cat back exhaust on the type r , it's about the performance not noise . Does anyone have proper dyno results for before and after gains?
Cheers

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The cat back is more about the noise than the BHP.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lovely :thumbsup:

And I'm being serious!

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
My Legamax isn't too shabby like..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought as much , put one on my ep3 made 1.2 bhp but even then could have been a temperature change

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Depends what power your running (i thought)?

e.g. i couldn't have the standard cat-back on my car because of the back pressure. NA though you should be fine whatever. The exhaust manifold is where all the powers at!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The Milltek made gains throughout the powerband when I tested mine, 3-5bhp. I felt a gain from the exhaust manifold (I had Tegiwa) like others said although the best gain i have to say was introducing the Mugen intake with scoops, the Tegiwa enclosed system would perform similar.

If youre after further gains, the RRC intake manifold gave really good top end gains and going further some of TDI's stage 2 cams will make the Type R fly!

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The sound make it feel faster though :D

If you want power gain.. decat and race header, as said. This will give 15bhp ish on the top end but a massive increase in bhp and torque in the upper mid rpm range. At about 5500rpm you'll be up 20lbft and 40+bhp.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
The Milltek made gains throughout the powerband when I tested mine, 3-5bhp. I felt a gain from the exhaust manifold (I had Tegiwa) like others said although the best gain i have to say was introducing the Mugen intake with scoops, the Tegiwa enclosed system would perform similar.

If youre after further gains, the RRC intake manifold gave really good top end gains and going further some of TDI's stage 2 cams will make the Type R fly!
Didnt they make only a few horses more than the stage 1 cams at half the price?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
If you want power gain.. decat and race header, as said. This will give 15bhp ish on the top end but a massive increase in bhp and torque in the upper mid rpm range. At about 5500rpm you'll be up 20lbft and 40+bhp.
Not road legal then though, right?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
^ this :) Tegiwa do a very reasonably priced cut-in-cat kit ;)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Interesting indeed, didn't know about that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts