2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Realistic cat back gains

12K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  ghost_bhp 
#1 ·
Hi , is it worth puting a cat back exhaust on the type r , it's about the performance not noise . Does anyone have proper dyno results for before and after gains?
Cheers

#12 ·
The Milltek made gains throughout the powerband when I tested mine, 3-5bhp. I felt a gain from the exhaust manifold (I had Tegiwa) like others said although the best gain i have to say was introducing the Mugen intake with scoops, the Tegiwa enclosed system would perform similar.

If youre after further gains, the RRC intake manifold gave really good top end gains and going further some of TDI's stage 2 cams will make the Type R fly!

#14 ·
The Milltek made gains throughout the powerband when I tested mine, 3-5bhp. I felt a gain from the exhaust manifold (I had Tegiwa) like others said although the best gain i have to say was introducing the Mugen intake with scoops, the Tegiwa enclosed system would perform similar.

If youre after further gains, the RRC intake manifold gave really good top end gains and going further some of TDI's stage 2 cams will make the Type R fly!
Didnt they make only a few horses more than the stage 1 cams at half the price?

#13 ·
The sound make it feel faster though :D

If you want power gain.. decat and race header, as said. This will give 15bhp ish on the top end but a massive increase in bhp and torque in the upper mid rpm range. At about 5500rpm you'll be up 20lbft and 40+bhp.

#17 ·
^ this :) Tegiwa do a very reasonably priced cut-in-cat kit ;)

#20 ·
Interesting indeed, didn't know about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.