2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All,

So luck was not on my side, clipped a kerb with the rear wheel, pretty slow speed too, and bent my rear axle :crying:

My insurance will cover it but my excess is crazy, so I thought about just buying a used rear axle and saving a wee bit of cash. Plenty of rear axles online for the standard five door hatch, so the question is if this is the same rear axle that's on the Tourer? Searched everywhere online to try and find out if its the same, one breaker said no its different, the other said its the same....argh. Anyone have access to the part numbers for the rear axle?

Thanks in advance!

R

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

That must have been some 'clip' but then again the hub takes the brunt of a side swipe so I'm not surprised it *****'d.

Do we have a part number resource for the 9th gen yet? I wouldn't be surprised if the axles were different widths again like on the 8th gen, although that was just the R (&S?) that had a slightly wider track.

Good luck getting it sorted and let us know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
As Farqui mentions, I'm not aware of a resource for part numbers on the 9th gen yet,
It may be worth calling some local dealers. See if you can get a part number for the tourer & the hatch, or if not, a price, and see if there is any difference.

If not, you could try popping the bent one out and taking an approximate measurement.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
There is a difference in some of the rear suspension I think? adjustable load shocks on the Tourer - hopefully the mounts are the same...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts