2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the solutions ideas welcome been looking at some contravision vinyl to go in its place but would like it from the inside applied.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
This has been discussed quite a lot on the forum.

I think most people use 'dot matrix' stuff. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
owls is your man.....

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
A mate used a firm for his car and while we were there i asked the installer about the civic and he said they were working on a new film that didnt need heat and it would be suitable for the civic rear window.That was about a month ago.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A mate used a firm for his car and while we were there i asked the installer about the civic and he said they were working on a new film that didnt need heat and it would be suitable for the civic rear window.That was about a month ago.
Can you help me find it?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Been looking for an answer to this as well... Tint film brand Madico makes a special film called blister free made especially for perspex and plexiglass. Its applied to the plexiglass and then the tint is applied on top of it. Seen a few Smart's with it applied to their rear window successfully. Will be trying it out shortly.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right after everyone saying it cant be tinted because of the plastic window well spoke to Madico and i have managed to get a sample piece from them to get the tinter to use. Its Called Blister Free.
Getting tints done tomorrow will let you know how it is tomorrow.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
I just tinted my windows tonight, took a few hours but a really good finish. Bit handy with a heat gun now! Will do the fronts a light smoke when Im brave enough to take the door cars off.

I'm eagar to hear what we are going to use for the bottom window now.

:popcorn:

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
Right after everyone saying it cant be tinted because of the plastic window well spoke to Madico and i have managed to get a sample piece from them to get the tinter to use. Its Called Blister Free.
Getting tints done tomorrow will let you know how it is tomorrow.
any news on this?

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
:popcorn: I don't know how much popcorn I can eat but I'm waiting for a recommendation to tint the bottom window guys! :)

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Mugged you got any hints n tips for the back window? ive done mine twice now with heat gun and not happy with it. still got a few small bubbles round the top corners where the heat strips get thicker.

did you buy yours precut? i just bought a massive 6metre roll. gonna rip them off and start again. I too went for light smoke 15% but gonna try limo black n see how that pans out.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
Mugged you got any hints n tips for the back window? ive done mine twice now with heat gun and not happy with it. still got a few small bubbles round the top corners where the heat strips get thicker.

did you buy yours precut? i just bought a massive 6metre roll. gonna rip them off and start again. I too went for light smoke 15% but gonna try limo black n see how that pans out.
took two attempt with mine.

I found if you try and spread the creases or excess tint evenly around the window and ease out with heat, this worked for me. tackling one massive crease on each side doesn't work.

Apply enough heat to make the raised area that looks like a straight worm for want of a better phase, turn into a wavey line or a wriggle worm lol this shows its shrunk a touch. smooth down and repeat were the tint raises again either side and ease each one our slowly taking your time being careful not to crease the film as you ease it out.

I used an old credit card as well as the tool with the kit.

does this help?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i got my windows tinted yesterday and i was extreemly dissapointed when the wee perspex bit was missed, after reading this thread i see im no the only one, i was thinking on buying the fly eyes but im a bit freeked out how it can just peel off anyone used this yet or will i try the folatech spray tint

1 - 20 of 32 Posts