2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Quick one really. A Hermes van scraped the back of my 10G sportline in white orchid the other days. To cut a long story short I’m perusing Hermes for the repair costs BUT if they refuse to accept liability it’s likely I’m going to have to pay for the repair out of my own pocket.

Touching up the damage is a definitely no no as the car isn’t even 6 months old yet. I’m not ruling out a smart repair but would want a near perfect repair. The damage is relatively small (2 small localized areas) but I’m wondering how much the repair is likely to cost...Any ideas?

·
3,989 Posts
Sounds like a bumper respray to me to satisfy your needs. Cost? Why ask us? Ask a body shop, they will give you an accurate estimate/quote. You will have to do that eventually anyway.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I have a scrape in the exact same area. But I'm looking to get it repaired through my Smart Insurance. They use a company called “Shine” who seem to be quite good.
Il post pics of before and after the repair once its done.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you could then that would be awesome! Thank you. I always hear horror stories when it comes to smart repairs but as the area is so small it’s quite feasible that a smart repair may be more than acceptable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone did the same thing to the drivers side front bumper on mine, pulled off the splitter too :serious:

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
I had a rear bumper resprayed, cost about £175.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very annoying! Have you had yours fixed yet?
I've been quite lucky as I'd had someone reverse in to my bumper prior to this and it was repaired but not perfectly so they are now respraying the whole bumper this time. So the new scrape will be fixed too :grin2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I had someone reverse into my stationary Civic just this week. The paint is scuffed and one fixing area on the bumper face has torn, hence it’s a new bumper....

71500-TGG-E00ZH FACE ASSY., RR. BUMPER

The bumper cost is £464 + VAT and a dealer quoted £105 + VAT to remove/strip/replace. A dealer may do a better deal if you ask them nicely.

As the new bumper will be pre-painted, at the Honda factory in Swindon, you’ll get a good colour match.

You shouldn’t have to go through the hassle of a smart repair, it’s pretty much a brand new car.

Cheers

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
2 small areas but a quarter of the bumper will get resprayed and blended in. being new it should be a perfect paint match, smart repairs can be a hit or miss most of them will mask around the grill pieces but a good bodyshop will remove them ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
My front bumper has been scuffed twice in the same area, been resprayed this week and collecting today. Hope they've done it properly this time :smile3:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

I had someone reverse into my stationary Civic just this week. The paint is scuffed and one fixing area on the bumper face has torn, hence it’s a new bumper....

71500-TGG-E00ZH FACE ASSY., RR. BUMPER

The bumper cost is £464 + VAT and a dealer quoted £105 + VAT to remove/strip/replace. A dealer may do a better deal if you ask them nicely.

As the new bumper will be pre-painted, at the Honda factory in Swindon, you’ll get a good colour match.

You shouldn’t have to go through the hassle of a smart repair, it’s pretty much a brand new car.

Cheers
Yep, that’s definitely my preferred option if Hermes accept full liability. Otherwise we’ll try and keep the cost as reasonable as possible. It’s a car that gets used so no doubt it’ll suffer the odd battle scar here ard there over time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 small areas but a quarter of the bumper will get resprayed and blended in. being new it should be a perfect paint match, smart repairs can be a hit or miss most of them will mask around the grill pieces but a good bodyshop will remove them ...
As long as they don’t have to end it into the arch I don’t really mind. I want the bodywork to remain as original as possible. They’ll probably just paint those small areas and lacquer the entire bumper.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I had to replace my rear bumper earlier this year as someone reversed into it and drove of whilst my wife was out shopping, when she got back to the car she was devastated as the bumper on the n/s was sitting on the tarmac it had come away completely and split the bumper below the tail light, a replacement bumper from honda cost me £400 and came already painted from the factory, all i had to do is just remove, fit all components and refit. Only body damage was a little crease in the corner of the rear panel behind the bumper in pics so i was very lucky there wernt more damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good effort! £400+VAT or £400 all in? How tricky was it to swap all the bits over?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
£400 all in, it was surprisingly easy for me as i used works car lift so nice to get the car at working height. I have more in depth pics if you need more detail ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Awesome. If you could email them over or post them to the thread then that would be awesome...No rush.

PM me for my email :)

I’m guessing you ordered the bumper direct from Honda?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I will will see what i can do, unfortunately its a bit hard doing it on my phone so will try on my computer, i will see if i can put together a step by step in the how to section if i can ?
Yes ordered direct from my Honda dealer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts