2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

rear bumper garnish

5K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  jbradsonp 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Anyone tried fitting one of these rear bumper garnish.

See less See more
#3 ·
Bump - me too. I've always wondered how this fits on the car - I assumed it was just 'glued' on or something lol. I can't quite work out whether I want one or not either? It's probably one of the strangest mods they've got for the 9G in my opinion... Would like to see some pics on here of people who have them fitted (y)

#7 ·
I have the X Edition, which has this part preinstalled i guess. At least it looks the same as if you install that garnish.
So i can help you out on your decision making, because i have the same color :D
I would rather have that part in glossy black like the non X Edition, because i think it fits better with the other black gloss elements and looks cleaner other all, but thats just personal preference... I might get it painted in the future :)

Attachments

#12 ·
Good afternoon everyone,
I have an update regarding my X Edition Bumper. Unfortunately there is no diffusor part underneath the garnish, so I guess Honda designed the bumper for my car a bit different from the beginning (or the diffusor part of the sports trim has to come of if you install the garnish, idk.).

The part on my car has the same part number as the one found on coxmotorparts, so I assume its the same. I also tried to find out how to remove it, but there are rather strange clips that hold the garnish to the gloss black bumper part and I could not figure it out how it has to come of. I attach some pictures, maybe it helps those trying to install the garnish and maybe someone knows how that special clip works, so I can remove the part in the future if I want to get it painted.

I saw 3 of those special clips from the inside of the garnish after removing the 4 clips that hold the part to the underside of the car. I roughly marked the spots in one of the pictures. I assume there have to be clips on both edges of the garnish too, but you can't see them without taking the whole bumper off.

Attachments

#13 ·
Good afternoon everyone,
I have an update regarding my X Edition Bumper. Unfortunately there is no diffusor part underneath the garnish, so I guess Honda designed the bumper for my car a bit different from the beginning (or the diffusor part of the sports trim has to come of if you install the garnish, idk.).

The part on my car has the same part number as the one found on coxmotorparts, so I assume its the same. I also tried to find out how to remove it, but there are rather strange clips that hold the garnish to the gloss black bumper part and I could not figure it out how it has to come of. I attach some pictures, maybe it helps those trying to install the garnish and maybe someone knows how that special clip works, so I can remove the part in the future if I want to get it painted.

I saw 3 of those special clips from the inside of the garnish after removing the 4 clips that hold the part to the underside of the car. I roughly marked the spots in one of the pictures. I assume there have to be clips on both edges of the garnish too, but you can't see them without taking the whole bumper off.
I have ordered mine from coxmotorparts and I will try to see how to install the new bumper garnish and let you know with an update what it looks after. It might not be next week.

Kind Regards,
John

#16 ·
The instructions which came with the garnish was very easy to follow of taking the bumper off and adding templates inside bumper and drilling holes, it only took me in total about an hour from start to finish just be careful pulling the wheel arch trims off i only took mine off half way and put a towel in the middle just to hold it out the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.