2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how much the camera is to buy for the ex?
i went to a dealer today and asked and he said that there were 2 prices on the computer.
1. £325 fitted
2. £625 fitted with mounting pack or accessory pack (cant remember what he said)

he did'nt know why there were 2 prices all we could come up with is it would be £325 for the ex with the screen in the car, and £625 for other models that did'nt have a screen and option 2 came with a seperate screen to mount somewere?

can anybody shed some light on to this please

Mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am getting my ex on march 1st
is that the price you paid Duncan?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well, you would think the dealer would know. I thought the RV camera was only available for the EX, cost £625 fitted. It comes in two parts, the camera, and the accessory/fitting kit.
Please tell if you know differently, or what the price is for parts only, not fitted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^
that might be what it is then the £325 must be just the camera

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
I was given a price of £475 inc. fitting by my dealer which i thought was reasonable enough, still a rip-off though compared to the other cars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got an EX with screen, but I still paid £600+ to have the camera fitted. Worth it, though, once you get to trust it.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I was looking on ebay, for around £100 you can get a kit that fits around the rear number plate and is powered from the reversing light.
It has a wireless connection to an LCD display that can be mounted on the dash of visor and plugged into the cigarette lighter (or elsewhere).
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150077327277&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=150068811381&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget
It could save a lot of messing with the dashboard.

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
It would be a waste of the built in LCD screen for EX owners, but i see how that might be good for the other models, price is right anyway!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I have fitted the rear cam and I wish I fitted the ultrasonic detectors.
- If there is rain you see nothing
- If it is frozen you see nothing
- If there is dirt you see nothing...
It is not worth the 500Euro (if you install yourself, otherwise it is 700Euro)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Good point, I had not considered those things.

·
Registered
975 Posts
so is it good or not the camera?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the camera as part of the Studio Pack with blue ambient lights door garnish/trims and Civic Mats front and rear - £850. Whoosh lots of dosh for what it is, however the camera is really good and the beeping that parking sensors is not an issue.

I note that rain and dirt do mask the camera when on a run bit its still very usefull. One of the best bits on my EX.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I still can't decide whether to go for the camera or sensors. The other drawback to the camera is that you have to wait after starting for the system to boot up and the splash screen to disappear. Apparently this is 12 seconds but it seems like an eternity when you are waiting for it.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Stef, I assume that would be a problem for rv cameras on all cars, right ?
Indeed, if the camera is installed "outside" the car like most of the time.

In my previous car CRV 03 I installed a camera inside, this was better.
Even if the window was dirty you could still see outside...
The camera cost like 50€ attached to a Pioneer SATNAV system.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I am slowly collecting information so as to fit a camera type other than Honda. Should I consider mounting the camera in the normal place but recessed and covered by a perspex window/dome ?

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
I am slowly collecting information so as to fit a camera type other than Honda. Should I consider mounting the camera in the normal place but recessed and covered by a perspex window/dome ?
That sounds like a good idea, would make it easier to clean at least.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts