Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody

total noob here so go easy on me

just bought the following
1 x Car Rear View Reverse IR Camera AV RCA Night Vision (sq) = £29.95
ultimate car parts.

how do i go about fitting to the nav unit in glove box.
i am not bothered about having a constant video source
is it as simple as plugging it in to the back of the unit

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
hello everybody

total noob here so go easy on me

just bought the following
1 x Car Rear View Reverse IR Camera AV RCA Night Vision (sq) = £29.95
ultimate car parts.

how do i go about fitting to the nav unit in glove box.
i am not bothered about having a constant video source
is it as simple as plugging it in to the back of the unit
take your time mr total noob and search the forum :eek:

this topic was covered several times, including "which wire, which socket, which screw" with photos :)

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
Send "bog" a pm as I'm sure he has the plug you will need. I've run out so cannot help you. It's not that hard. The hardest bit is stripping it all out. You wire the camera to the reversing lights, then it only comes on when you select reverse.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi gray
have already wired aftermarket sensors to back of bumper so ok with that
need to now if the yellow plug goes into back of dvd drive in glove box

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
This should answer your questions....

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/7772-how-connect-video-source-navigation-system.html

Especially regarding the composite video in (your yellow plug).... No it does not just plug in, you need to make a custom plug. This will also 'trick' the navigation unit into seeing a camera.

I have made a switch so I can switch it on at any time, but if you are not bothered about doing that, then take the power for the camera from the reversing lights as Gray said above.

BTW this 'How to' only applies to pre 2009 models, if you have a newer model, please PM me as the wiring is different.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/48266-diy-reversing-camera-installed-2009-ex-gt.html

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Dont the dealers do the original wiring from the back of the Navigation unit I wonder how much that will cost.
No they only supply and fit the the camera as an accessory which is £400+. You cannot buy the loom cable separately. I would have bought the kit and the I could work out the wiring, but item is non-returnable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts