2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i-Vtec
2,211 Posts
You would be better off, and easier, sourcing a second hand tailgate. The part alone is something daft like £750 from Honda and its bonded in, and you might even need to remove the rear screen to fit it.

·
i-Vtec
2,211 Posts
Ah, yup, open the tail gate, remove the plastics on the inside of the tailgate, they need a really really really good tug to the the four pop studs along the middle to release and the whole plastic panels comes away giving you access to the bolts to release the "light bar" along the middle. Cant remember if you need to remove the outer ones first before you can remove the middle one or not.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi guys

You were all completely confused and lead astray. I know how to replace the rear cluster ive done it 3 times now i wanted to know if you can replace the perspex shell on the cluster itself but nevermind its on the civic now.
I know what you mean the actual perspex that's sonic welded onto the casing it's self I'm afraid you have to buy a whole centre cluster got myne for £90 second hand .

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Leave alone now till Tuesday next week I'm really happy with the results gloss black outer and then e-tech smoke tint tempted to do the type R centre centre considering the outer part is only smoked? Should I smoke tint the rear centre cluster and frog tape the fog , reverse light??

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts