2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
That's all I ever take off and it's a pain in the ass as its really awkward. I've read people on here removing the whole panel. Never tried it as I imagine it would be easy enough to break. If you are going to take it right off stick a blow heater in the car for half an hour to heat the plastic so it's less brittle.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's all I ever take off and it's a pain in the ass as its really awkward. I've read people on here removing the whole panel. Never tried it as I imagine it would be easy enough to break. If you are going to take it right off stick a blow heater in the car for half an hour to heat the plastic so it's less brittle.

right just removed the 2 pop out pieces, undone all electrical bits and started removing the bolts but the 4 in the centre are going to be impossible to get out without removing the large plastic panal...grrrr

anyone taken this off? tips ?

will try the warming it up tip, got a new heat gun so that should sort that

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done this at least half a dozen times and only used the pop off panels. Using spanners and sockets.
Think i need smaller hands....lol

will have another go later when it warms up a bit, bloomin freezing :(

Thanks for the tips matey

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
also how many bolts are there ?
removed 11 but can only see 8 on the new panal ??
When you open the boot you see 2 trim pieces that pull off yea? We're you would change lights ect. Then I used a screw driver to pop the white tabs that you can see about 4 I think remove them then pull down. Then I think there's about 10 nuts but you need to remove the break lights aswell to get it out.

Reactions: ElNino9

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I've changed all my rear lights today with just the pop off sections and I have big hands!
Most of the bolts will just screw off with fingers when they have just been loosened off that little touch from tight :)

Annoyingly you have to take the brake lights off aswell to pop out the centre panel :(

Reactions: ElNino9

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers for all the replies guys...

Managed to do it through the pop off panals... fingers hurt now..:(
dropped 2 nuts into the cavity...grrrrrrrr, glad i bought a magnetic extenting tool a while back :p

Wont be rushing to do that again for a while, also fitted my new black mirror caps and fly-eyed them while they were off.. looking pretty good now..

Piccys t-moz, just managed to get a quick wash in but the water was freezing on the car before i could dry it..lol

Tucked up in the garage now for the night and im tucked up infront of the fire watching the rugby with a beer... nice

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Good work. Like I said have changed a couple of these and have also had it out to clean it. Yes I also enjoy when you drop the nuts. Oooer. Lol. Thanks cammy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.