2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Back to dealership again on 28th getting that peed off with it now thinking of getting a decent spax set up and giving dealer the bill

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mine are knocking again, but at present dealer's line is that Honda UK won't allow them to change them again as they are already the 'later corrected' type.
This may evolve as I will take this further, but I am getting really worn down and fed up with the time, effort, and inconvenience of all these unscheduled dealer visits - all of which mean time away from work, and over 20 miles round trip.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have also had this knocking sound - Pre-delivery I had reversing sensors fitted as an extra & having looked for any obvious cause & also mentioning it at its first dealer service [where they found no fault/cause in Jun 2009] I assumed that the fitter had left something loose behind the rear bumper when fitting the sensors. What I would like to know is this:
Does the knocking sound imply that the shock absorber is defective in the sense that it affects handling or vehicle stabilty, i.e. is there a safety issue here or is it just an irritation??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts