2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys and Girls,

New to the forums, and a new Honda owner, so I hope these questions havent been asked many times before!

I have purchashed a Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel on an 09 plate earlier this week, picked it up for a good price, so I expected it to need some work.

The exterior is in great condition, however I will probably have this detailed to cure any scratches and marks it does have, but thats a different story! Anyway, the main problem is the rear of the interior. I suspect the previous owner had a dog, and thus the door cards, seats and fascias surrounding the windows and boot (if thats the correct name) are pretty badly damaged/scuffed, also the ceiling is marked! The previous owner has not cared whatsoever for the rear of the car at all :(

I have seen a fair few Civics on ebay that are being broken for spares, but I need to contact the sellers first to check condition, but the average price is rougly £45 per card, which is reasonable. as Honda have quoted me £307 for 2 cards!

I have taken a few snaps of the damage/scuffs to give you an idea of what I am working with, and ideally I want to get the car back to the best it can possibly be, and because I saved a few quid on the full car price, and the fact that I want to keep it for a few years as the milage is low, I am prepared to spend a few quid. Here are the pics of the devastation I want to repair!!!

ImageShack Album - 10 images

Any help on how to fix any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
That's scary! I think he must have had a sabre-toothed tiger in there; if you got the car cheaply and don't mind picking bits up as and when you find them at a good price, then excellent!

I've seen complete interiors on the bay for 300 quid, leather for about 500, so you have options.

Honda prices for trim are madness; I paid fifteen quid for ONE little rubber bit in the rear n/s doorpull with postage.......

Good luck with it

Dave

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's scary! I think he must have had a sabre-toothed tiger in there; if you got the car cheaply and don't mind picking bits up as and when you find them at a good price, then excellent!

I've seen complete interiors on the bay for 300 quid, leather for about 500, so you have options.

Honda prices for trim are madness; I paid fifteen quid for ONE little rubber bit in the rear n/s doorpull with postage.......

Good luck with it

Dave
I think you're right, he seems to have let something loose in the back, thats for sure. But, I did get the car cheap, and other than the rear interior damage, it drives really well, its low mileage and the front interior and external condition are fine, so I dont mind fixing it up. Treating it as a mini project, however I do realise it wont be as straight foward as I would like as door cards are proving difficult to find.

I am going to check out some breakers, and search the net for parts as like you said, Honda genuine parts from a dealer are crazy prices!!

I will keep this post updated with my progress if anyone is interested!

Cheers

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
That looks awful! There were some wild animals in that car!

It would be good if you'd take lots of pics when replacing the parts and maybe make a how to if anybody else ever needed to disassemble the rear interior.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks awful! There were some wild animals in that car!

It would be good if you'd take lots of pics when replacing the parts and maybe make a how to if anybody else ever needed to disassemble the rear interior.
Yeah, I dont mind doing that.

I just hope I manage to restore her to her former glory!!

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Yeah, I dont mind doing that.

I just hope I manage to restore her to her former glory!!
+1 on a How for the rear door cards if possible. I had a look the other day and found that the door cards at the rear are pretty sturdy unlike the fronts which you can whip off in under 10 mins.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dave, I had sent a couple of emails today to those just before I saw your post, but thaanks for taking the time to do that, just waiting to hear back from them, also cleaned the roof lining today with 'Stain Valet' made by CarPlan, seems to have come up very well. plan to start work on the trims this coming week to see what can be done. Heres a pic from the outside, shes not all bad!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Thats not a pet its been used as a builders van!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
That's what I was gonna say, that's had rubble etc flung in the back by the looks of it!

The outside of the car looks mint though.

Shouldn't be a problem getting new trims mate, might just have to wait a while for the right one to come along.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First problem solved, and rear door card replaced, cost just under £50 inc postage, and took less than 15 mins to fit. It really is a case of removing 3 screws (as pointed out in the pic, the screws are hidden behind plastic covers, but a small flathead screwdriver will have them off in a sec) and then its literally pulling the card off, starting from the bottom left near the speaker, and working round anti-clockwise. Once all the clips are unseated, the door card lifts off.

Before:

After:

·
more torque than the mrs
6,623 Posts
First problem solved, and rear door card replaced, cost just under £50 inc postage, and took less than 15 mins to fit. It really is a case of removing 3 screws (as pointed out in the pic, the screws are hidden behind plastic covers, but a small flathead screwdriver will have them off in a sec) and then its literally pulling the card off, starting from the bottom left near the speaker, and working round anti-clockwise. Once all the clips are unseated, the door card lifts off.

Before:

After:
so much better well done and you are learning at the same time how the civic interior comes apart.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone think it might be possible to vinyl wrap the trim in my car that is badly scuffed? Obviously if it was sanded down smooth. Would this be possible?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: New seats have gone in :D

Didnt take long either, quick and easy change! I WILL restore this car to its former glory!!!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your doing a good job there, well done.

I wonder if this might help in some of the better areas?

AUTOGLYM MAGIC SPONGE WITH FREE POSTAGE!!! | eBay
Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I have some of the magic sponges, but I find that they tend to white-en the area, and they don't do a great job. I have bought some Black trim wax, and I have used 260 grade sandpaper to smooth the scuffs and that seems to be doing ok. I'll get some pics up when Ive finished.

Cheers again

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Looking good! Complete transformation; what's left to do now?

By the way those headrests with logos are neat, where did you get them - are they covers?

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good! Complete transformation; what's left to do now?

By the way those headrests with logos are neat, where did you get them - are they covers?

Regards

Dave
Cheers Dave. The headrests are actually stitched into the seats themselves, bought them off ebay. Apparently they are from an SE Civic.

Had the boot to tidy up at as the boot carpet had broken, dues to excess weight I guess, so had that replaced, and bought a boot liner to protect the boot carpet, so that went from this:

to this:

Also the roofliner came up pretty clean, but still needs some work..and im also not sure what I can do about sorting the plastic trim out, if anyone has any bright ideas??

from this:

to this:

As you can see, the trim is still in pretty bad shape!

But all in all, its coming along nicely I'd say!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts