2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so bear with me.
i am getting a tinny rattle from the rear end when i go over a big bump.
It sounds like two sheets of metal clanging together or loose cable slapping on metal.
Sounds like it is coming from the tailgate so i have tweaked the bump stops and checked it for any noise when i slam it shut or shake it - nothing!

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's a common one this, you will find it is from the rear seat locating bracket. Drop down the seat back and then wrap some insulating tape around the metal loop it locks onto that should solve it. Someone else had it recently on here, I've had it as well, an easy fix in 5mins.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
It's a common one this, you will find it is from the rear seat locating bracket. Drop down the seat back and then wrap some insulating tape around the metal loop it locks onto that should solve it. Someone else had it recently on here, I've had it as well, an easy fix in 5mins.
Metal loop on the floor, where seats is locked ?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the tips, tried them all and sorted one really annoying tap by using some fluffy side velcro to damp the seat belt buckle tapping on the hard plastic of the wheel arch. My BMW has a fabric covering so does not have same problem - higher quality motor of course. Still can't trace the b'stard rattle in the boot lid though, checked heat shield and seems to be solid, only happens on really harsh bumps. Have fitted Bridgetone Driveguard RFT tyres which are fantastic and once I got the pressure right it stopped a lot of the rattle.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got rid of the tapping noise by undoing all the things that I had tried!
Just put some insulating tape round the rear part seat catch loop not the front side.
Now it's all quiet in the back except when I go over a BIG bump when I get the metallic clatter, so infrequent I can live with it.
Also sold the BMW today so no longer comparing the two.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
The boot lid locking mechanism can also a source of a tapping noise.

Got rid of the tapping noise by undoing all the things that I had tried!
Just put some insulating tape round the rear part seat catch loop not the front side.
Now it's all quiet in the back except when I go over a BIG bump when I get the metallic clatter, so infrequent I can live with it.
Also sold the BMW today so no longer comparing the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts