2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this afternoon to buy a new TV, and on the way home got rear ended (twice!) by the same Nissan Micra, me and my partner both have whiplash, I can lock the car but it still thinks that the boot is open so won't alarm itself.

I've stored the car securely until I can get it to the repairers.

From what I can see, is that the bumper zones are obviously all bent, looks like part of the sub frame is damaged and the boot is misaligned.

Hit me twice as the Micra was an automatic, and she obviously thought she hadn't done enough damage with he first hit.

The TV is alright though as it was in the magic seat area as opposed to the boot, i'm just not looking forward to not having a car for the next couple of weeks or so.

Is it wiser to get honda to do the repairs or let direct line deal with who repairs it, would it affect the warranty if Direct line deal with it

I'll post some pictures later, when i finished enjoying the new TV

I'm off to cry and watch the new TV.

So hopefully tonight should go = :mad: then :( then :popcorn2:

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Europa Consultants - they'll sort you out for a replacement car, and get the repairs organised.

They do like for like, so I'd imagine IS220d or 118d?

No cost to yourself :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Really sorry to hear of this. :(

I personally would get a Honda bodyshop to repair it. It is your right to choose where it is repaired. Are you aware of the Honda Happiness Accident Management scheme that comes as standard, free with the cost of the car.

There's some information here to look at. :smile:

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...airCentres.pdf

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Yup, I think that is one of the things a lot of members on Pistonheads quite like about the company I mentioned, they will fight your corner for you, get it repaired at a manufacturer's approved workshop and remove the hassle.

Helphire do a similar thing, but always require chasing (personal experience) :(

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I agree with DR.
Take it to a Honda Dealer for repair, your Insurance Company may do their best to have you give it to one of their bodyshops, but stand your ground and you WILL win.
You will have a car given you for the duration of the repair.
Don't forget to have the silly womans Insurance Company pay up for the whiplash.
Rear end shunt - Her fault entirely - No Contest.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The TV is brilliant by the way went for a Panasonic 42PZ85BA, quality of the picture is astounding, somewhat alleviates the pain of the car damage

Some pics attached, didn't get any of the subframe damage though, included the car that hit me too, quite a bit of damage the Micra, i reckon she was doing minimum 20MPH when it hit me, and i was stationary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Really sorry to hear of this. :(

I personally would get a Honda bodyshop to repair it. It is your right to choose where it is repaired. Are you aware of the Honda Happiness Accident Management scheme that comes as standard, free with the cost of the car.

There's some information here to look at. :smile:

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...airCentres.pdf
Thats fantastic.... I had no idea about this at all, it was never mentioned by my salesman. And this is for ANY new Honda??

Oh and absolutely make sure you take it where you want. I gave in to the insurance firm when my Fiat Stilo was hit and it went to the Renalt dealership in Liverpool. When I got it back, the fixed panel was badly done on there was some kind of grey primer paint splashes all over the roof, rear quarters and tailgate. And it took about 5 weeks for them to do the job in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Accident

Sorry to here about your car,glad you are enjoying your new tv.
One up for the magic seats.:)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quite a bit of damage there, its amazing that you got the whiplash though, I thought the Civic had the active read restraints? I suppose the impact was too fast?

never had whiplash before, all I know is that I saw the micra come up fast, the look of shock on the drivers face, and my head being knocked forward and back uncontrollably, and then feeling a "pins and needle" sensation in my neck, I'm wearing a neck pillow at the moment, as it's stiffening up more now.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
never had whiplash before, all I know is that I saw the micra come up fast, the look of shock on the drivers face, and my head being knocked forward and back uncontrollably, and then feeling a "pins and needle" sensation in my neck, I'm wearing a neck pillow at the moment, as it's stiffening up more now.
Bad luck with the accident. Hope the neck gets better soon with no lasting problems.
Every cloud has a silver lining - your tv wasn't damaged. I have a Panasonic tv - picture quality is superb :D

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Whiplash sounds unpleasant

I found this site quite useful when I sprained my ankle . It has a section on whiplash:

Whiplash (Whiplash Associated Disorder) in Depth - Neck

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your accident and hope the whiplash is not too severe.
Let's hope the car is repaired quickly, efficiently and well.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Look on the brightside the compo for the whiplash will more that pay for the TV :eek:. But seriously I do hope its not too bad.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts