2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get the rear Red H badge from that's genuine? Don't want a copy as i have heard they are shocking.

Phoned Honda and they said they can only supply as part of the rear light unit (which is a lot of rubbish IMO).

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't think you can get it separately

I looked everywhere too I couldn't find one so I got this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HONDA-CIVIC-FN2-TYPE-R-FRONT-GRILLE-REAR-BOOT-RED-BADGE-EMBLEM-07-11-/112770061851?hash=item1a419e961b

It's very good , but i'm not 100% sure it's genuine

Heat the rear badge with a hair dryer to soften the glue then, with some fishing line slice through the softened glue and slowly attempt to separate the logo badge from the reflector. Take your time, and every now and again heat the logo up again. Once off clean up the area with some Tar/glue remover then stick the emblem onto the reflector.

There are some small studs on the emblem but they do not fit in the hole of the reflector so you may have to break them off

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, when I removed my rear emblem there were some studs on the emblem too, but the studs did not fit into the rear reflector, they were a little too big so I just broke them off. The 3M tape holding the emblem is pretty solid though.

The link that I sent is the emblem is for both front and back fitment on the FN2

·
Super Moderator
1,096 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get the rear Red H badge from that's genuine? Don't want a copy as i have heard they are shocking.

Phoned Honda and they said they can only supply as part of the rear light unit (which is a lot of rubbish IMO).

Cheers
Had you thought about gel badges that stick over the original?
Optimus Wrapping on ebay do a set in various colours.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Overlays are the way forward :grin2: and a hell of a lot cheaper/easier to fit :wink3:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys, but i really just want to keep it standard rather than going for the overlays or others.

I know a lot of the Honda badges fit other models too, i might just try and keep an eye out to see if there is a good quality one comes up from a car that is being broken for parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts