2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car has developed a rattle at the rear, rattles over bumps and when blipping the throttle.

I am pretty sure it is the heat shield and Honda said that it had broken at the last service and wanted £140 to repair it, that seems a bit excessive. Is there a cheaper way of repairing or replacing this?:confused:

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
A bolt/washer may fix it but you won't know until you check.

If it's the rear most heat shield, then you could rip it off. Others have and don't seem to have an issue with excess heat.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I took mine off over a year ago after repairing it numerous times with bigger washers, never had a problem since. :)

Best part is being able to leave your jacket in the boot on the commute to work, sticking it on when you get there and it being nice and warm. :D

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Weld went on one side of mine about 7 month ago, causing the rattle your getting. I used a temporary fix of a plastic cable tie, 7 month later its still on. I'll have to see what they say come mot time haha

·
Instagram : Danny_Clegg
345 Posts
It's a standing joke between me and a mate that my type r was the fox's racing type R. The reason being that the heat shield managed to undo it's nuts and washers and also then leave the holes too big to refit a normal washer.

Long story short, two years down the line the fox's biscuit tin washers that I made using tin snips lasted very well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 5 of 5 Posts