2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think that the rear indicators are not as visible as they could be.

Driving along, I have a left turn to make. As I approach the turning, I indicate and brake. Now usually you'll have the driver behind you crawling all over your "right shoulder" ready to pass.

As I turn left, I've had two motorists sound their horn in anger, as if I hadn't indicated. Both occasions in bright sunny weather. The indicators are perched on the corner and up the side as it were.

Anyone else had this happen ?.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, yesterday I had the same problem. It was bright sunny and I think sometimes is difficult to see my indicator. It needs more attention when I'm turning, that's all. Fortunately we have big and really good side mirrors so we can easier decide when we can turning. :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
This seems to common to a lot of cars, I had the same thing occur many times with my previous car (Rover 75) in fact so many at one point I was convinced I had a problem with my indicstors :?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Strangely - only yesterday, driving home from work, there was a new Civic pulled on the left of the road outside some houses, presumably dropping off a passenger.

The driver had the left indicator on, and his brake lights on, but I was suprised how had it was to notice the flashing indicator in the presence of the brake light. The light assembly has them placed very close, and they are not all that large either. This happened under overcast conditions. I can see how it would be harder still in bright sun, or if the outer cover of the lamps was very dirty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts