2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear passenger noticed the seat belt on the left side was totally soaking wet, but no signs of how? The seat itself is dry, side panels felt dry, so not sure how the belt was wet. Even the bit of the belt that was retracted was wet, infact, we checked the whole belt as far out as it would go, and yup, whole lot had been soaked somehow.

No signs of water in the boot, but havent managed to get to the actual inertia bit yet. I gather I'll have to remove the interior side panel to get to it?

Really strange one, anybody else had this? Cars still under extended warranty so might take it in see if they can find the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still fairly new to CTR ownership, but I had a similar issue which I believe was down to the black roof guttering. If you follow it back to the boot lid, you should see a seam weld which may have the paint looking slightly cracked.

I suspect it'll be leaking water through there, I cleaned up this area and applied a fair bit of touch up paint and haven't had a return of the issue.

Will have to eventually remove the plastic interior panels though and check everything is okay around that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts