2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What really irritates me every time i wash my car, is how the edges of all the rear lights fill up with soapy water. :(
Im sure ive seen this mentioned before, so would assume they all do it?
The water is confined to the edges and doesnt get into the main body of the light, so this must mean that the outer edges are not properly sealed.

When hosing the car off i find myself concentrating the jet on the rear lights and chasing the soap round the edges so that it is replaced with clean water. :facepalm:

If it was only one lens that done this then you could say it was definitely a fault and get it replaced, but when they all do it....i would assume Honda would refer to this as a "feature".
It is poor construction IMO. :(

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the centre section of the rear lights replaced on my last CTR replaced under warranty because the edges had gone green.
I worry about the possibility of this happening, so thats why i always try to get most of the soap out....but can never seem to get it all. :(
Its surprising how easily it gets in there in the first place, but is more difficult to wash out with the hose.
Its always the bottom edges that are hardest to shift.

I replaced my rear indictors with the clear ones at the end of last year, but they still let in water around the edges, so Honda have obviously not addressed this problem.
Maybe they havent even tried, because you would think it would be relatively easy to sort out at the manufacturing stage.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I worry about the possibility of this happening, so thats why i always try to get most of the soap out....but can never seem to get it all. :(
I always rinse the suds out with my pressure washer. If you catch it in the right area you can get it all out. You do need to be careful you don't get too close to the paint with the jet of water though. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts