2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right then im after a newer centre section how do i put th rear fogs into side section of lights and what else do i need to change thanks

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
sounds like you mean the type r... as I understand it if you want it to look like the R then you need the full lot...

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
If he has the older new shape if you know what i mean it Is true but I don't think it's the case on the newer civics with the bigger reverse lights.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The newer civics with the "wide" reverse lights can have a straight swap for the Type-R rear mid section; the older civics have the fog light in there too and so that will need to be relocated.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right my plan was to buy the newer rear centre section split it paint the red part black stick it back together and fit to mine but i have the older model so need to move the fogs so i take it i need the full lot to achieve this hope this makes sense

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and yes its to my 5 door

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You'll need the centre section, and the driver's side brake light section as that's where the fog light goes IIRC - indicators and passenger side can stay the same.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I will be removing the parts you need (2010 centre section and outter tail lights with relocated fog) off my car next week lol let me know if your interested, was going to put them on ebay.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys thanks are they hard to rewire any diagrams or so to help me out nhogg7 let me know then thanks

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Not just a case of moving the 1 wire over?
Have you considered Flyeyes/Spi Vision as a cheaper alternative?

I thought about painting the insides myself I did it to the front lights on a Hyundai Coupe I had before the civic but splitting the mastic and getting it back and sealed neatly is a real pain in the behind and these units steam up enough as it is!

Reactions: smig64

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
They arent too difficult to wire in,

The fog light wire you will need to extend a little to put it in its new position.

The wiring in your car will have 3 wires going to the tail lights, these wires will need to be isolated as the new cluster will only use 2 wires (positive and negative for the tail bulbs i think - the brake lights only illuminate in the same cluster as the indicators on later models and the type r.

You will then need to take power from the numberplate bulb wires to power the tail lights.

(i hope this makes some sort of sense to you lol)

I will let you know when they are removed anyway, like i said should be sometime next week.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yip i thought of wot you said it was just to make it a bit more authentic i done similar to my mondeo headlights split to paint them black and reseal worked out ok but i know what you mean mine is steaming up now so either way

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds a bit complicated to a dafty like me i must say

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yeah its certainly do able and looks great but its fairly time consuming.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I suppose it could never hurt to take it apart and throw another bead of mastic on after you've painted to make sure :)

with regards the wiring it probably sounds more complicated when you read it when you pull the units off I am sure it will make sense!

good luck I look forward to the results, what you going for satin black?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I have removed the clusters today, if you are still interested they will be on ebay this evening :)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks bud let me know the item number thanks

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Hi mate, the item numbers for the lights are 260960566352 and 260960537478, hopefully they are what your looking for :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.