2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rear "magic" seats

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  marfo 
#1 ·
The rear lower seats are not mentioned at all in the manual but what I want to know is how do you get them to stay in the up position? I am sure that they are supposed to be able to be locked into the raised position but I can't work it out. Are mine broken, and if so , is there a fix shown somewhere on this forum?

#2 ·
When you push the base up you then fold the "Leg" in flat against the base. Sometimes I've found I need to extend the leg then push it flat again to make it stay in the upright position.

#3 ·
Thanks Das but after I posted this up I found the advanced search tab and did a search and found a pile of posts regarding this and it turns out that the 3 door civics do not come with a locking facility even though the seat lifts up.They can be held in place with the rear belts providing the belt has the ratchet fitted on it.

I will make some sort quick release fixing strap that holds the seat up securely, it shouldn't be too hard.

More jobs to add to the list.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.