2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just got my first honda civic and have decided to install the mudguards. The front ones were a piece of cake as everyone says. The rear ones seem a bit trickier. Do you really need to remove the 3 clips holding the carpet up in order to install. I guessing this is so you can put your hand down inside and then press down when installing the clip on the mudflap. Has anyone done it without pressing down from behind or any other tips gratefully received. Also how do the clips remove , I guessing its just sufficient force on the inner screw type bit but if there is a release catch i cant see it anywhere. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Sorry for late response.
The clips come out by levering the inner one out- this is an expander for the outer part of the clip ( like a plastic wallplug),and then the outer part is free to come out.
I fitted the mudflaps a few months ago, and tried without removing the 3 clips in the destructions, then found one of the replacements a pig to refit, so ended up doing it the proper way-- I think.

Sorry can't be more help, I don't remember having problems, and did the lot without removing wheels with the aid of stubby and right angle screwdrivers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
From memory, I had to squeeze my fingers inside the bottom of the bumper/wheelarch to push down on the panel so that the inner bit of the clip would locate in the sleeve part and not just push it up. Can't recall exactly how I did it, sorry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem. My Tourer had been in for a towbar fitting. When I got it back I had a good poke around where they'd been working (my OCD evident here!!) and noticed that one of the mudflaps was loose.......the clip hadn't been located properly.
From memory I think I lined all the holes up using a philips screwdriver.......and then managed to squeeze all the layers together (mudflap, bumper, arch trim and felt wheel arch liner!) using a pair of long nosed pliers. Once lined up and squeezed together......I slid out the screwdriver and replaced with the clip.......simples.......not!!?
Cheers!
Barney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts