2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Hi mate was it easy to fit those sensors and colour code them - I assume the whole bumper needs to be removed and the sensors wired up to the reverse lights? A step by step guide would be excellent! :)

Oh by the way, hello everyone, I've a newbie and looking to get a new shape civic pretty soon so just brushing up on my list of mods! :p

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello Naresh.

They were bought from Ebay and the seller was selling them in, I think, about 5 different colours. The silver one's were a perfect match for my car. The dealer fitted them free with a bit of persuasion.

And welcome.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Thanks for that mate.......how on earth did you get the stealers to fit them free of charge? Where in Essex you based? I'm looking for a galaxy grey colour so not sure if the grey version of the ebay sensors will match? Do you sensors make a "beep" or "buzz" sound?

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they beep

Stage
Distance
Area
Sound

160-200cm
Safe Mode
No sound

100-150cm
Safe Mode
Bi------Bi--------Bi

70-90cm
Alarm mode
Bi---Bi---Bi---

40-60cm
Danger Mode
Bi-Bi-Bi-

39cm
Danger Mode
Bi---------

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Parking Sensor -System Limitations

I wanted to post this as a new thread but my browser keeps quitting when I select new thread. Anyway just to let users know that my system ( Honda Fitted) does not give adequate warning when reversing up to a low wall of 260 mm high. Having checked it out, I get a double beep at 1.2m , then another beep at 0.8m, and nothing after that. Raising up the obstacle height to just below sensor level and the systems functions as designed. So beware of low profile obstacles.

I would be interested to hear of others experience.

Ramsay

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I wanted to post this as a new thread but my browser keeps quitting when I select new thread. Anyway just to let users know that my system ( Honda Fitted) does not give adequate warning when reversing up to a low wall of 260 mm high. Having checked it out, I get a double beep at 1.2m , then another beep at 0.8m, and nothing after that. Raising up the obstacle height to just below sensor level and the systems functions as designed. So beware of low profile obstacles.

I would be interested to hear of others experience.

Ramsay

This is where the rear camera scores over the sensors [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts