2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Honda to fit rear parking sensors to a 9G EX? And also how much? Although I have the parking camera i've found i've come dangerously close to reversing into other cars due to still not getting the hang of looking at the camera, rear mirror and wing mirrors.

Annoying they've decided to add sensors to the EX on the 2013 models, as I think they should have been there to start with.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The UK reverse sensors, as far as I'm aware, integrate with the iMid, which are quite expensive. There is another type which is non-integrated (still a Honda part though) which just beeps (don't know if those are available in UK though). I have this type as the iMid one is not available to me.

Another option is to get them done aftermarket. Some places can get the sensors colour coded to match your paint. Only problem with aftermarket (some brands) is that the beepers can be hard to hear and some sensors only beep when close to an object (insufficient operating range).

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Honda to fit rear parking sensors to a 9G EX? And also how much? Although I have the parking camera i've found i've come dangerously close to reversing into other cars due to still not getting the hang of looking at the camera, rear mirror and wing mirrors.

Annoying they've decided to add sensors to the EX on the 2013 models, as I think they should have been there to start with.
I was lucky enough to get the rear sensors FOC as part of the deal...

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The UK reverse sensors, as far as I'm aware, integrate with the iMid, which are quite expensive. There is another type which is non-integrated (still a Honda part though) which just beeps (don't know if those are available in UK though). I have this type as the iMid one is not available to me.

Another option is to get them done aftermarket. Some places can get the sensors colour coded to match your paint. Only problem with aftermarket (some brands) is that the beepers can be hard to hear and some sensors only beep when close to an object (insufficient operating range).
If I were to get them I'd definitely want them integrated into the iMid. Not for that money though!

I may call the dealer and see if I can do a bit of bargaining, as I also want to get the mudguards.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
The MY13 has also got them on the front as well.

I've been scanning the manual to see if I can turn the front ones off independently but it doesn't look like it.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I've been scanning the manual to see if I can turn the front ones off independently but it doesn't look like it.
If i'd have known they would do that I would have waiting the extra month. Oh well.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
The one item that made me wait was the iMid.

I've checked the manual and you can indeed now rotate round the functions on the 'fuel screen' on the iMid ala 8G :D

According to the manual you have 4 main options :

• Audio/HFT display
  • Full Size Analogue Clock
  • Blank Screen
  • Fuel Consumption
Within Fuel Consumption is:

• Tank Range
  • Elapsed Time
  • Average Speed
  • Average Fuel
A quick press just rotates round the main 4. Once on the Fuel Consumption screen you hold down the Info button for a few seconds and the secondary sub option starts to flash, whilst flashing you can rotate round the secondary set with a single click.

Once you are where you want to be, stop pressing and after a few seconds of inactivity it will stop flashing and your set.

The one drawback I have noticed is that you can't display both total vehicle mileage and either of the Trip meters. It's total mileage or Trip A or Trip B.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts

I think you can...

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
All I can see mentioned is a switch down by the headlight beam adjuster to turn the rears off/on.

I'll find out Friday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll have little use for the fronts' because I always reverse park. Also don't want them going off in the garage before I open the doors.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
All I can see mentioned is a switch down by the headlight beam adjuster to turn the rears off/on.

I'll find out Friday >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll have little use for the fronts' because I always reverse park. Also don't want them going off in the garage before I open the doors.
The fronts will drive you mental until you get used to them lol... never had a car that beeps and bongs so much... IRC can turn them off independently, but not sure how. I know a long posh of the button turns both front and rear off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The one item that made me wait was the iMid.

I've checked the manual and you can indeed now rotate round the functions on the 'fuel screen' on the iMid ala 8G :D

According to the manual you have 4 main options :

• Audio/HFT display
  • Full Size Analogue Clock
  • Blank Screen
  • Fuel Consumption
Within Fuel Consumption is:

• Tank Range
  • Elapsed Time
  • Average Speed
  • Average Fuel
A quick press just rotates round the main 4. Once on the Fuel Consumption screen you hold down the Info button for a few seconds and the secondary sub option starts to flash, whilst flashing you can rotate round the secondary set with a single click.

Once you are where you want to be, stop pressing and after a few seconds of inactivity it will stop flashing and your set.

The one drawback I have noticed is that you can't display both total vehicle mileage and either of the Trip meters. It's total mileage or Trip A or Trip B.

I cannot replicate this on my iMid in my 9th gen civic, as soon as I press to hold the i button the screen changes to the next??

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thei iMid 2013 seems exactly the same as the original 2012 version. I can see no difference.

Having parking sensors that show a graphic on the iMid is also not worth the money. I look at where I am reversing etc not at a screen with a graphic flashing. If Honda sell a kit without the iMid link up then that is the one to go for.

The front sensors are just a waste of space. They don't work when driving alongside a low diffcult to see wall/object they only beep when someone walks accross the front of the car or a car pulls up alongside at the traffic lights. There is also a bright orange LCD on a switch that never goes off unless you turn all sensors off. Sometimes there are so mant beeps and bongs sounding it is just crazy. I will not be having front parking sensors on a Honda again.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
Thei iMid 2013 seems exactly the same as the original 2012 version. I can see no difference.

Having parking sensors that show a graphic on the iMid is also not worth the money. I look at where I am reversing etc not at a screen with a graphic flashing. If Honda sell a kit without the iMid link up then that is the one to go for.

The front sensors are just a waste of space. They don't work when driving alongside a low diffcult to see wall/object they only beep when someone walks accross the front of the car or a car pulls up alongside at the traffic lights. There is also a bright orange LCD on a switch that never goes off unless you turn all sensors off. Sometimes there are so mant beeps and bongs sounding it is just crazy. I will not be having front parking sensors on a Honda again.
There is a big difference in that the My2012 can only rotate round the 4 main options.
The MY2013 has been 'fixed' so that when you are on the Fuel screen you can now rotate round the sub options, whilst on the move, and not have to dive into the settings whilst stopped.

This solves my original scenario:

If the low fuel warning appears, I will be able to quickly switch to 'tank range' whilst still on the move - ala 8G

Regarding the front sensors, I notice that only the manual transmission disables them when the handbrake is on! Other than that if anything gets to within 2 feet then I'm going to be beeped at :(

·
Registered
462 Posts
There is a big difference in that the My2012 can only rotate round the 4 main options.
The MY2013 has been 'fixed' so that when you are on the Fuel screen you can now rotate round the sub options, whilst on the move, and not have to dive into the settings whilst stopped.

If the low fuel warning appears, I will be able to quickly switch to 'tank range' whilst still on the move - ala 8G
that is done with some update?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts

Regarding the front sensors, I notice that only the manual transmission disables them when the handbrake is on! Other than that if anything gets to within 2 feet then I'm going to be beeped at :(
Note for NH Dan, is this a software update available to 2012 cars?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts