2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am getting what I at first consider an exhaust rattle or a loose tool kit when going over rough roads but on listening more closely it appears to eminate from the area of the nearside rear wheel?

I've taken advice from previous posting and eliminated the following:-
tool kit
boot tray
rear seats
Rear door appears correctly aligned and tight fitting
Had a look at the exhaust and can't see how that could cause the rattle.

On the motorway or good roads the car is quiet. I think the rattle reduces as the car warms up (but not sure) Can anyone offer any advice or guidance

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It could be some loose trim, or it could be that the tail gate itself is out of alignment, but that would just sound like the whole back of the car.

If it is the wheel, it could be something like a stone caught up, but it is hard to tell without actually hearing it.

You could just take it to the dealers and ask them to find and fix it, but you might lose the car for a day or two that way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi voo1148, I had a rear near side exhuast triangle loose and it rattled on the exhaust pipe now and again

1.8EX i Shift. alabaster silver. 18" altimos. r/camera. leather seats

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
AL56 thanks for the info I'll check the triangles on my car - failing that it's back to the dealer as bungle suggests.

V001148

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
It could be that the tailgate isn't aligned correctly. It appears there were also a number of cars where a spring in the rear suspension was installed upside down. I took my car back to the dealer as I was unhappy with a rattle from the rear and they reported this was the likely cause; the spring was removed and installed correctly. I also get a bit of exhaust vibration but wonder whether this might be normal when the car is at a certain angle, as it always seems at its worst when my car's in the driveway, where it points downhill at about 30 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts