2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
And why would you not take the back seats out? They're useless with that cage in the way and without seatbelts anyway!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
And why would you not take the back seats out? They're useless with that cage in the way and without seatbelts anyway!
In some countries you are not alowed to drive without the seats.

And , that cage has the seatbelt holder hole, so you can use them.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
That bolted connection in the first and second picture doesnt look right to me. If your getting a cage it should be fully welded IMO

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
In some countries you are not alowed to drive without the seats.

And , that cage has the seatbelt holder hole, so you can use them.
Fair enough.

There's no way you could use them as the bars go right across where someone's head would be.

Plus it just looks like a glorified brace to me. It needs a section at the rear to go down to the floor to add rigidity because if the car did roll that would just pivot on the front seat belt mounts and fold down backwards with the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Fair enough.

There's no way you could use them as the bars go right across where someone's head would be.

Plus it just looks like a glorified brace to me. It needs a section at the rear to go down to the floor to add rigidity because if the car did roll that would just pivot on the front seat belt mounts and fold down backwards with the roof.

+ 1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts