2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read the brochure twice and am fairly close to the spec I want.

A question though. Honda state that the rear screen does not need a wiper. I was just wondering in the real world - is this true. I cannot imagine that if your are stationary in traffic with a steady 'drizzle', that the screen can be as clear, than if you could swipe it with a wiper.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
You're right, when you are stopped or moving slowly in traffic the water does collect on the rear screen and hinder visability a bit. It's no different to a saloon car though, which also don't have rear wipers. You can make it a lot better by applying a product called Rain-X to the rear screen. The water droplets run off a lot better :D

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Karlak, no need to worry - it's not like a Golf! As Hartside says, a good application of Rain-X and it's not a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Rain-X really does solve this issue remarkable well. They should give you a bottle with every new Civic.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Halfords - comes in all shapes and sizes, but I use the wipes and they work well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would there be any way to have a rear wiper retro-fitted? (I guess not, plus it would look nasty) But yeah, I've also thought about dealing with the problem with Turtle Wax "5 Sateesta", the Finnish equivalent brand of Rain-X.

Murphy is such a funny fella, controlling the laws of the universe at every turn. I tried applying some 5 Sateesta to my Twingo's windows just to see how it works, and I've been dying to see it in action. This has been so far the best way to avoid rain, ever. Even better than taking an umbrella with me when going out. Sure, it rained pretty heavily on Saturday, but guess if I needed to do any driving back then... :roll:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Don't worry about the rear window. Since owning the car in Feb. boy have we had some rain, and it really does'nt affect things. Ive been on the motorway in downpours, you can see through the rear, and you have two large heated mirrors. Never bothered me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The only thing is morning mist. As the rear demister does not do the bottom screen. Wipe of first and all is ok. But not that you can see much out the back anyway.

·
Registered
251 Posts
In cases like these it would be handy if you could activate the rear view camera also when driving forward. Here's hoping an update will allow this. Or would it actually be hazardous to trust a camera and look at a screen in such conditions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts