2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 07 Type R GT Silver
Collect it next week. i've got a 09 ES 1.8 for the missus and baby and I know the rear seat bases fold up to allow extra storage on the floor of the car.

Q. Does the Type R do this?
Obviously there is no rear doors but access is quite good i remember.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
You really need to take both wheels off, and use some large sheets to protect the interior back there. But doing this means you can get two in there.

Saying that, that was with a 5 door.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seats can fold up in my CTR, only there's a spring-held claw-like lock around the metallic stand. Just push it back while gently pulling the seat up.

I was putting two mountain bikes back there in my 5D FK2, with each front wheel removed (but back wheels on) by placing them in opposite directions. I'd say it's much tighter to put them in a 3D merely because of the doors. Those magic seats are nice, but mating them with 90 degrees rear doors is where the real magic lies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry I might have missed the point.

Are the back seat "supposed" to be able to be folded up in the type r. I have one and would be handy to know. My friend has the 2.2 diesel and its a handy feature.

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Sorry I might have missed the point.

Are the back seat "supposed" to be able to be folded up in the type r. I have one and would be handy to know. My friend has the 2.2 diesel and its a handy feature.

they can fold up but cant lock them like the 5 door cars, bleeding daft not being able to do it.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts