2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do you stock/can you get hold of Koni SRT.T shocks for the rear of a 2.2 8th gen? As mine need replacing.

I've read around online and the Konis seem the best going by peoples reviews, but I've also looked at Sachs, KYB, and Monroe. Is it ok to replace just the rear shocks with a different brand to the OEM ones? And do you know which of those four shocks are likely to give the most comfortable (softer) ride? I went up to 18's recently and the ride is pretty harsh now! I'm open to suggestions if you have any other brands that you would suggest. Just looking for good performance, a ride improvement if possible, and not crazy expensive.

Thanks,
Oli

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
You should replace in pairs and really should be same for the car front and rear.
I'd say stay OEM and just change the springs but as you have asked several traders the same question your bound to get lots of different options which will confuse you further. There is nothing wrong with the OEM ones.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should replace in pairs and really should be same for the car front and rear.
I'd say stay OEM and just change the springs but as you have asked several traders the same question your bound to get lots of different options which will confuse you further. There is nothing wrong with the OEM ones.
Thanks. Did you mean to say change the springs? Do you mean change shocks and springs to new OEM? Or stay OEM shocks and go for aftermarket springs?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep OEM shocks just change springs to some Eibachs
That sounds like a good option. How much do you guys charge for a set of springs? Probably just delivered as you're a long way from me for me to drive up for fitting.

Thanks,
Oli

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
They are around £130 mate, but if your rear shocks are gone, your still going to have to source a new set of OEM ir aftermarket shocks and if it were me, i'd replace the fronts at same time just so you know everything is spick and span :D I will be going for the Eibach springs as a temporary alternative to coilovers whilst i save for some nice shiny BC's or MeisterR's :) Eibach pro 25mm lowering spring kit is what you want to look out for, they wont go lower than that for the diesel due to engine weight, but it sits really nice against 18inch OEM R alloys :)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
There's a set of eibach coils in the for sale section, which is what I'd recommend you get if your shocks are gone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts