2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, first post here.

Looking for some help with my 2000 (older shape) Civic 5 door 1.4i S.

Stock speakers are terrible so looking to upgrade these, looking to work on the back speakers 1st. Now the stock ones cannot be removed, screws have stuck fast, so im looking to do something different than swap them out.

Ive got a decent set of 6x9's for the time being - not looking for crazy bass or ruptured ear drums, just something that sounds better than whats currently in. The space available between the parcel shelf is really limited so building boxes that will fit and not look shocking is gonna be a real push.

What options are there? Hoping someone who has the same car can help me out. Im thinking of building a stealth shelf to enclose the speakers and thus improve the bass response. My concern about housing them soley in the boot is that all the treble will be taken out as it will have to pass thru the seats etc so really looking to mount them in a way that the sound can enter the main of the car.

Cheers

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Swap out the complete parcel shelf for an MDF one that you (have) built yourself. Mount the speakers in it, and build a box underneath it. Wrap the whole top in speaker cloth. Done it several times in the past for all kinds of hatchbacks, with or without amps and subwoofer(s). Sounds brilliant!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts