2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mrgreen: Can someone kindly give me a steer regarding rear speakers. I've read all the past threads and the issue seems to get missed each time.

Wanting to fit in with the crowd 8) , I'm looking at buying infinity reference 6510cs for the front from ebay (£71 incl.P&P) and am wondering whether it's worth getting a second set for the back. - Before you say it, I know that I don't need the tweeters on the second set, but the price is keen and it saves me some grief. :wink:

So, my questions are:
1./ Is it worth replacing the rear speakers?
2./ If so, why does no-one else seem to have done it?
3./ Would the 6510cs be a good idea? (any better suggestions welcomed).

Sorry for all the questions. I'll be hassling you about AMPs and SUBs before long I suspect, but I dont want to clutter up the footwell and boot just yet - I've only had the car since last Wednesday!

P.S. Big thanks to everyone who's posted about ICE so far, hopefully it's got me asking slightly less daft questions!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ive been asking the same question for a week now but had no replys.I have changed the front speakers for 6510`s which i bought of ebay for £71.They are a great sounding speaker,clear and vibrant but a little tinny.I am looking for something for the back that will give me a little bass boost, so i would not replace them with 6510`s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scol78 said:
Ive been asking the same question for a week now but had no replys.I have changed the front speakers for 6510`s which i bought of ebay for £71.They are a great sounding speaker,clear and vibrant but a little tinny.I am looking for something for the back that will give me a little bass boost, so i would not replace them with 6510`s.
Cheers SCOL78 - thanks for the warning about the bass. - Here's hoping the others can shed a bit more light on this...

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
scol78 said:
Could the 'Tinny' sound could be caused by the crossovers possibly?

·
Registered
178 Posts
No i spoke to someone at leicesters ICE car electronics after installing them and they say its the speaker,and if i wanted a more natural mellow sound to go for an American speaker like Audio Lab.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I suppose you could install them without wiring the tweeters,remember the tweeters can be wired at 2 different treble settings.Mine are on the lowest setting but i still think are a little too trebbly

·
Registered
125 Posts
scol78 said:
I suppose you could install them without wiring the tweeters,remember the tweeters can be wired at 2 different treble settings.Mine are on the lowest setting but i still think are a little too trebbly
Since fitting the 6510cs I've been trying to find the time to get back out and change the tweeters to the lower setting. At the moment I just have the treble turned all the way down. They are far too trebley. But the bass from the 6510's is a huge step up from the standard speakers which in fairness weren't unbearably bad to begin with.
I'm planning on changing the rear speakers too and if they'll fit I think I'll stick with the 6510's . When I make the change on the crossover wiring I might try one of the 6510s I have in the back and see how they fit. I'll post the results unless somebody else beats me to it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts